• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Can GS3 use more than 1GB of RAM??

Share/Bookmark

Can GS3 use more than 1GB of RAM??

This is very crucial to me. If Tascam didn\'t sort this out, I don\'t know how useful GS3 will really be. Anyone who knows?

Re: Can GS3 use more than 1GB of RAM??

The most RAM used by GS2.5 I read about here in countless tweak posts was around 1GB. Maybe 1.1 or smth.

Simon, according to Peter Alexander the RAM limitations, until Windows 64-bit ships, will be 2GB.

------------
    Alex Cremers

I know Windows XP can only use 2GB RAM, but I want to know if GS3 can use all of it. Not sure that\'s what PA has said?

Well, I\'m sure he said it. But what with Windows 64-bit? I want 8GB! Screw multiple computer set-ups.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

For what it\'s worth, my XP box with 1.5 GB of RAM loads The White Grand in exactly half the memory percentage that Worra\'s loads it, with 768 MB of RAM. It seems to me that indicates that my box is taking advantage of all the RAM that\'s there.

I applied the tweaks from Mattias, by the way, but I had never had problems loading all the way to 99% BEFORE the tweaks. I guess I just got lucky on that.

Bruce, is that with V2.5 or 3?

ummm...I can load up to 99% without any problems on XP , without tweak..
    Problem is...those \"giga\" 99% are some poor 600MB out of 1GB...

And ewen with tweak and 1.5gb RAM you still can\'t load more then 1GB.

So again, and again...I really hope that GS3 can \"see\" at least 2 gigs or more...

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Alex

Thanks Craig! All I wanted to hear

Originally posted by Sharmy:
    quote from the Tascam booth yesterday said 2 gigs is the limit as that is all that xp will address untill 64 bit mode comes in and then you will need a new motherboard.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">[img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alex

Go Back to forum