• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Armageddon score ( what strings ((and voices?)) - also billbrown question

Share/Bookmark

Armageddon score ( what strings ((and voices?)) - also billbrown question

Does anyone know if it was Miroslav strings (or the Hans Zimmer private lib) Harry Williams and Rabin used for Armageddon.

I assume they used the same as each other for continuities sake, right? I cant hear anything especially different between the samples in the tracks.

A good track to hear the strings is on the Official Cd (Trevor Rabin only apparently) - \"Short Straw\"

If you have the bootleg cds of the score listen to the track \"A Wing and a Prayer\" on cd2.

I just want to know if that\'s Miroslav action.

Ed

PS: Out of interest how did this score get some really SOV London Choir type sounds to sing the boys choir type AHHEOO samples... Because there isn\'t a patch for this on my copy, and when I play below the range of the boys choir it doesn\'t sound right.

Bill Brown uses it as well, you can clearly hear it right at the start on one of the undying tracks (recently put up) - \" . Undying_Scene_10_BB \"

And while you are listening that damn sweep sound is there again right at the start before 1 second elapses on the track \" Undying_Scene_4_BB \", what is it!! Not knowing is killing me! lol

Ed

Re: Armageddon score ( what strings ((and voices?)) - also billbrown question

Ed, those sound like Hans\' custom library, not Miroslav.

Trevor has a huge stack of EIV\'s which Hans also used before he switched to Giga.

I think it´s a live string ensemble with Armageddon... I´m too lazy to check the end credits to see if it was recorded somewhere.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Ed:

And while you are listening that damn sweep sound is there again right at the start before 1 second elapses on the track \" Undying_Scene_4_BB \", what is it!! Not knowing is killing me! lol

Ed
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Ed,

It sounds to me like something raked across a gong, or across a cymbal and pitched down.

I have also used prepared piano for that kind of sound, but I don\'t think that\'s what this particular instance is.

EastWest has a nice prepared piano library, as does Michiel Post, if you\'re interested in those kinds of sounds in general. They are excellent for creepy mood stuff.

Originally posted by Bruce A. Richardson:

EastWest has a nice prepared piano library, as does Michiel Post, if you\'re interested in those kinds of sounds in general. They are excellent for creepy mood stuff.[/QB]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Bruce (and everyone else). But can anyone answer my SOV question?

Ed

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

[quote]Originally posted by Ed:
    But can anyone answer my SOV question?

Ed
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Doesn\'t sound to me like they\'re actually \"moving.\" Probably it\'s retriggered notes on the different syllables if it\'s actually London Choir. But VOTA would also do this easily with keyswitches.

Originally posted by Ed:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Bruce A. Richardson:

EastWest has a nice prepared piano library, as does Michiel Post, if you\'re interested in those kinds of sounds in general. They are excellent for creepy mood stuff.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Bruce (and everyone else). But can anyone answer my SOV question?

Ed[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I don´t think SOV has the exact sample you´re talking about... It must be a MV-exclusive sample [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I have made a similiar sample by myself; I used 4 different patches from the Siedladzek choir (AH, EH, EE, OOH) and programmed them to blend into each other [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Here´s a quick demo of that sample:

Click here

Edit: Heh I didn´t just post it to say \"look what I´ve got\", so It´ll give you an idea what it could sound like it you decide to go for that sound the way I did.

There\'s mod wheel crossfades of Vowels programmed in the Roland version of SOV...which is what Trevor (and the other writers on that score) were using.

There are a number of things like this that are only available on the Roland version of SOV.

spectrum

Damn, if only I knew that when i bought it.

Is there a way to get a copy of the Roland version without having to buy the full version again?

You could talk to your distributor...but keep in mind that NONE of that stuff will convert properly into GIGA (unfortunately)

spectrum

Go Back to forum