• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cheap Giga Systems that work?

Share/Bookmark

Cheap Giga Systems that work?

I really need to expand to a few more giga pc\'s. I have a soundchaser now, and am very happy with it. Their systems are going for around 2,800 right now. I know I can do a lot better than that. My main question, if I do build it myself is it difficult to equal the performance of a soundchaser/carilon system? Anybody out there who has a custom system and one they built themselves for comparison? I have it in my mind that there are some magic under the hood settings that makes my current system work so well. Is this true?

I\'d love to talk to anyone on the board who would consider working with me to help me build it for a fee of some kind.

Thanks

Re: Cheap Giga Systems that work?

Hey King, please do post any positive results you might achieve, especially in that price range. And btw, your Sly Cooper stuff was really great, it complemented the game\'s art and style perfectly.

And btw, your Sly Cooper stuff was really great, it complemented the game\'s art and style perfectly.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Ed. Hoping I can push the limits a bit further in any sequels or other games that have interactive music.

I\'ll definitely post when I get things running. I\'ve got to build my girlfriend a computer too, so I\'m thinking of going REALLY cheap on that and see how it performs with giga [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m looking at building 2 more next month sometime, but I\'m only going to focus on getting giga 160 2.5 to work well on them not make them ready for Giga 3.0.

I\'m looking at athlon 1.4-1.6 gig systems. I think I can build good ones for around 4-500 bucks without an audio card and monitor. I was going to post what I find when I build the first one.

Right now I\'m running an Athlon 1 gig with 1 gig of PC133 RAM on an Asus a7v motherboard (Kt133 chipset) and I get good performance (can get 160 poly, but is really stable at 140-150 poly). This machine is running the sequencer and Giga as well, so I might get better performance if it was a giga-only box.

Go Back to forum