• Help

Topic: Hey, Bruce, you were right...

Share/Bookmark

Hey, Bruce, you were right...

...gin *DOES* go great with anything.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Hey, Bruce, you were right...

Haha. You remembered. Too funny.

Even bad white wine can be made better with gin.

And of course, pills are great with gin!!

Ahh, a Bombay Sapphire martini sounds pretty good right now, although it still might be a little early. Oh what the heck, it has to be noon somewhere! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

For Christmas, I bought my wife this great book called \"Hollywood Cocktails,\" which has excellent monochrome stills of hit golden era films, and recipes for an ungodly number of martini and martini-esque drinks. About anything you make in a shaker is in there.

It has certainly brightened up the bar life. I\'m really a pretty moderate drinker (every time I get drunk, I seem to catch some horrible virus the very next day). But we\'ve really been enjoying the \"Hollywood Cocktail Hour.\" When people see my bar for the first time, they think I must be a hardcore alkie, but I just like being able to serve whatever somebody wants when we\'re entertaining. There\'s definitely a lost art there. I keep 5-6 cases of wine in rotation, too, which really isn\'t quite enough. I think it takes realistically about 20 cases before you start actually getting a good rotation and have \"peaking\" bottles on hand at all times. Hopefully, I\'m gettin\' there.

Originally posted by Bruce A. Richardson:
    ... I\'m really a pretty moderate drinker (every time I get drunk, I seem to catch some horrible virus the very next day).
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Acually some people call that \"virus\" a \"hangover\". [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

No, it\'s a virus. Latin name:
    Influencus hangoverme

Rob

Go Back to forum