• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" - music video

Share/Bookmark

"We Wish You a Merry Christmas" - music video

Merry Christmas to the Garritan gang!

Here's my contribution on the 10th Anniversary Garritan Christmas Album, set to video I produced of Christmas celebrations around the world.

It's my 2013 Christmas card to you, my other friends, my family, and everyone else on Earth.

Peace,
    Randy

Re: "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" - music video

That was a very touching video and a great version of this Christmas classic. The footage was great to watch with this. I especially loved the part where everyone threw the wrapping paper all over the guy hahaha! Great work Randy, a perfect peace for the Christmas Album, can't wait to listen to the rest of compositions. This got me in a cheery Christmas mood!

Merry Christmas!

Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    That was a very touching video and a great version of this Christmas classic. The footage was great to watch with this. I especially loved the part where everyone threw the wrapping paper all over the guy hahaha! Great work Randy, a perfect peace for the Christmas Album, can't wait to listen to the rest of compositions. This got me in a cheery Christmas mood!

Merry Christmas!

Regards,

Richard
    I'm so glad you enjoyed this, Richard - I just now replied to your PM, not realizing you'd put a reply here to my post. -

The project of doing this music sustained me nicely off and on throughout the year, and then it was a big chunk of time to put the video together - and I loved every minute of working on it.

Now I know you'll have an equally good time hearing the rest of the music your fellow Forum members contributed to the Christmas album.

Peace - Merry Christmas, and have a sterling new year.

Randy

EDIT: Footnote for Bill and other people who have noticed this before. There are 51 hits registered for this thread so far, but at YouTube, I see there have been less than 10 views of the video. It's always odd to take note that for some reason many more people click a post than follow through with actual viewing or watching. A good reminder to us all.

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the beautiful visualised wishes. You took a risk arranging a very familiar Xmas tune, but again, you managed to realise an original and rich version, with a harmony never heard so far. A message for all of us: Music is such a personal emotion and yet understood by all nations, languages, races and peoples. Politician all over the world, learn how to communicate with music. There will be a lot more understanding and peace. (And in music, you can never be selfish!)

Thank you so much for this gem and the international wishes. My regards and wishes to you and Kate!

Max

Hey Randy! This is very cool! Your arrangement and video production is truly fantastic. You are quite the production wizard. I just loved this. Some of the older videos (probably from the 50's) made me think of when I was a little kid at christmas time. I also thought that the render was good on this also. Thanks for posting another great project. Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Randy,

Thanks for the beautiful visualised wishes. You took a risk arranging a very familiar Xmas tune, but again, you managed to realise an original and rich version, with a harmony never heard so far. A message for all of us: Music is such a personal emotion and yet understood by all nations, languages, races and peoples. Politician all over the world, learn how to communicate with music. There will be a lot more understanding and peace. (And in music, you can never be selfish!)

Thank you so much for this gem and the international wishes. My regards and wishes to you and Kate!

Max
    Wonderful post, Max - Thank you so much for it. This is certainly a time of year for us to all get in touch again with the goodwill we could have for all of mankind, if we just let all the barriers dissolve into the illusions they actually are.

I "took a risk arranging a familiar Xmas tune"---Well, this was my Garritan Christmas Album project, so as with all the projects for that, the "risk" was a built in factor!--unless one decided to do an original piece. The album has always thrived on featuring the familiar music we all love and associate with the season. And that's why I put my bid in early for this perennial favorite!

Thank you for letting me know you appreciate my arrangement, with some harmonies here and there which are atypical for the song, and for other little arranging things I did, like partial phrases, and the bassoon solo, which is a favorite section of mine with the melody temporarily suspended so we hear just a bouncing version of the bass line.

Merry Christmas, Max - and to everyone seeing this thread!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    Hey Randy! This is very cool! Your arrangement and video production is truly fantastic. You are quite the production wizard. I just loved this. Some of the older videos (probably from the 50's) made me think of when I was a little kid at christmas time. I also thought that the render was good on this also. Thanks for posting another great project. Jay
    Thank you, Jay! - I'm with you on how great it is to see the old home movie clips from the 40's (the train), '50's and '60's--I'm really grateful those families granted me permission to use their footage.

I'm sure you know that the soundtrack is my contribution to this year's Christmas album, but I want to take this opportunity to post the link again, to help make sure as many people as possible hear the whole, wonderful collection:

10th Anniversary Garritan Christmas Album 2013

All the best to you, Jay - Thanks again.

Randy

Smile Re: "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" - music video

Hey Randy, perfect occasion to tell you how much I appreciated your entry! So big work you did with it, I can guess why you were so much emotional about publishing it

Loved the video as well... Greetings to you and Kate!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year... no sorry... BUON NATALE E BUON ANNO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    ...BUON NATALE E BUON ANNO!!!...
    Now that's a phrase which is easy to read, even if we know no Italian. Thank you very much, Fabio - And you give me the opportunity to tell you how scrumptious I find your own entry on the Christmas Album. I think we all did ourselves proud!

Season's Greetings of every sort to you, to the entire Garritan Gang, and to everyone in our wide, wonderful world.

Randy

What a lovely (and ingenious) arrangement, Randy -- and
    unmistakably stamped with your inimitable elan. Flawlessly
    rendered, of course -- you've become one of our finest
    craftsmen, not to mention an inspired arranger.

That medley of spoken greetings at the end was a neat
    touch... well done.

Merry Christmas!

All my best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast