• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mod wheel/ pitch bend controllers

Mod wheel/ pitch bend controllers

I am currently thinking about purchasing a digital piano to replace my fatar SL-880. As of this week, I\'ve found one that has the right \"feel\" to it.

However, the only problem is that it lacks a pitch wheel/ mod wheel. I currently use sample libraries like GOS that make heavy use of the mod wheel for dynamic control, so I was wondering if someone knew of a small device that I could hook up to gain access to pitch and modulation controls.

Re: Mod wheel/ pitch bend controllers

I had to do the same thing because my old roland digital piano doesn\'t have any controllers except the three pedals.

I bought an Oxygen 8 and it has served me very well. Back when it first came out it was all the rage, being small and loaded with knobs and stuff.

But you know I rarely use more than 2 or 3 knobs. I\'ll use the mod wheel, the volume slider, and maybe program 1 of the 8 rotary knobs and that\'s about the extent of my use of the extra gizmos.

Now it\'s around $140 and maybe more than you want to pay. I\'m not sure if anything\'s cheaper out there. I think I just saw a computer keyboard/midi keyboard hybrid--seems like a space saving idea, but I\'m not sure about the price.

Good luck.

What about Kurzweil SP88X, it has three sliders (three different assingments) and it\'s fully weighted

I bought the evolution MK 461 for around $235 with a stand and a sustain pedal, but the 361 (nearly the same things I think was like $149.99) This midi controller has both pitch wheel and mod wheel has well as like another 32 controllers. It\'s awesome. (even though its USB there is no latency problems for me.

Go Back to forum