• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New music

New music

Yet another brief spec demo to hopefully land some work. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] RPG game.

Re: New music

Very nice as always Sam.

I would like to hear more of this to see where it goes.

Castle Rock, Colorado

Very nice! Thanks for sharing your demo!

One thing: I listened to it on a pair of Sony MDR7506 Headphones - it sounds like the entire mix is panned over to the left. You may want to adjust your panning on some of the samples being used.

Again, nice work, although a little short.

Well, it\'s little too short to judge but it sound like it could be a start of something real beautiful. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah it\'s short, I had very short notice for this one.. and didn\'t have much time to write it or refine it. Plus I have zero time these days to even mess with music unless it\'s to land a gig. I\'ll post again some time when/if it\'s lengthened/improved though.

You\'re right, it does sound panned to the left.. most of the instruments are on the left of the stage [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Maybe I\'ll move a couple things over to balance it out.

I updated the piece and put it at the same URL above

I dunno about the transition w/ the bass drum & cymbal crash.. but without it, it sounds WAY too empty. What do you think?

First of all, it sounds beautiful. A heck of a lot better than I can do.

That said, I don\'t think you NEED the cymbal crash/bass drum kick for the transition.

It starts out simply, beautifully, and adds parts and instruments slowly. At that transition the soundscape becomes fuller with the addition of low celli/basses, so the added sound spectrum is accent enough. Besides, for the rest of the piece not another note is heard from the percussion section. If there was some form of percussion happening before/afterwards, I could see leaving it in.

But that\'s my opinion. It\'s your work--do with it what YOU want. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I took out the cym. crash but left the bass drum in.. I think it sounds a bit better now.

Thanks for the feedback & for listening!

Very Nice Sam!!.

Beautiful. I like the bass drum- it adds a touch of something ominous off in the distance.

Go Back to forum