• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio 160 takes forever to load!

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio 160 takes forever to load!

Is anyone else having a problem with Gigatudio 160 taking an extremely long time to launch? When I first launch it, at times it may take up to 5 minutes to load! I am curious if this is normal.
    Thanks.
    Bob Scott.

Re: Gigastudio 160 takes forever to load!

It is normal, it took about more than 15 Mins at first time when I upgraded it from gigasampler.
    Here is originated help from Bill:

\"It’s important to realize that when GSt starts for the first time, it catalogs every gig and wav file on all hard drives. This takes a LONG time. It may appear that your system has hung, and Task Manager may report that GSt is not responding, but just let it be. Let it sit for a couple of hours if necessary.\"

Have funs,

Yes, when I first installed it it took a very long time. I understand that it is building the database. But it still can take up to 5 minutes EVERYTIME I launch it. Is is rebuilding the database everytime it is launched? This to me is not right. I don\'t have any application on my system that comes even close to taking that long.
    Bob Scott.

5 minutes to load?? That doesn\'t sound normal to me. I\'ve got a 667 MHz P3, 128 megs ram, 8 gig drive for programs, 30 gig for audio and it never takes me longer then 10 seconds for Gigastudio 96 to boot up. Maybe G160 takes longer, I don\'t know. How much ram do you have and how fast is your processor?

I suspect that you have replaced your default performance with something that is loading many samples. If these are the sounds that you work with every time, that is great, but if you are working with a different set, save a default performance that loads nothing.

Damon:
    My setup is a P3 800mHz with 128 meg of ram.
    I have 3 hard drives: A 2.1G, a 10.5G, and a 40G. Is it accessing all three drives every time it is launched? If that\'s the case, can you bypass drives and/or specify what folders you want searched?

RScott,
    Just a reference,
    It is not working right! I\'m having 3 drives about 80GB here, For the very first launched might be taken an hour, after that when I have the GigaPiano in the default loading, it only takes about three seconds. Of course I have more than 320MB-DRAM in the system with the 2.01.25. The best way, I would get hold of Nemesy Tech Support. It means to me by the behavior of the 2.01.25 in certain systems that has less MegaByte\'s RAM? chipset? CPU? whatisever?
    Good lucks,

[This message has been edited by LHong (edited 10-13-2000).]

Go Back to forum