• Register
  • Help

Topic: My Gift - Merry Christmas

My Gift - Merry Christmas

A gift to the Garritan Forum - an original Jazz piece called:

Christmas Jazz

Merry Christmas all!

We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: My Gift - Merry Christmas

Merry Xmas and happy New year to you too, Bill. Thanks for the lovely piece of 'sweet' jazz.

That was a nice piece! Upbeat and cheerful! I enjoyed listening to this. Thanks for sharing, and merry Christmas!

It's now the day after Christmas, but I like the full 12 days of Christmas concept, so the holiday is only just beginning! I was glad to hear more Christmas music this morning - Thank you, Bill!

I liked listening to your christmas jazz. Thanks for the post. Jay

Gang, thanks - I was in the mood on Christmas Eve and this was the result. I have blown it up to full Jazz and will work on it in Sonar when I get a chance. Here is the Full Jazz Band Version as produced by Finale using JaBB:

Christmas Gift - Full Jazz Band

We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Having fun in the studio during the holiday - I think that's a great concept, Bill.

I think you'll have fun working this up in Sonar, massaging out the quantized stiffness. Right now, the smaller ensemble of the first version is sounding more effective, because these JABB instruments can sound like an accordion when they're put together in a larger group and just being triggered in Finale. I hear the potential though!

This is catchy! Christmas and Jazz, what could be nicer. I like this, it has a real "Latin dance" feel to it.
    I also liked the original small ensemble. Just a minor thing, but for me I thought there was a little too much drop to the softer passages. I wanted the energy to stay up there. Thank you for posting this, very enjoyable!

Music... A Joy For Life.

Go Back to forum