• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mozart - Gran Partita - Adagio

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Mozart - Gran Partita - Adagio

The popular winds Serenata n.10, Adagio excerpt:

Gran Partita - Adagio

featuring:
    2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 basset horns, 2 bassoons, 2 french horns, and contrabassoon. (all by SampleModelling)
    on MIR Pro24 virtual stage.

All parts recorded live then edited, to create "imperfection".

Happy Holidays!
    Fabio

Re: Mozart - Gran Partita - Adagio

This is fantastic, Fabio.

Not only the music, but the way you handled the recording to this highly realistic performance. I enjoyed every second of it. Just a pity that it didn't last till the end...

Thanks for sharing!

Max

Hi Fabio,

I listened to this a couple of times and I agree with Max. I really liked this. Beautiful, elegant and serene. Well done!
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

This is a nice project Fabio. The Samplemodelling samples came off very well. I did not realize that they had wind instruments. I enjoyed your post. Jay

Really terrific Fabio! I'm sorry I haven't replied to your other posts of late but I've heard them and they're all fantastic renderings of great classics, Morricone, Dvorak, Handel.

In fact I think I saw you on Vi-control. You were brave enough to post something there. Those guys can be tough at times. I haven't had the courage to post there. But as I recall, you're post was excepted rather well. That's a feather in your cap.

Speaking of which, you could be "poster boy" for sample modeling instruments. They should use some of your renderings for demos on their site. Really of nice quality to them.

How are you liking the MIR reverb by the way? I tried the demo a year or so ago, but it seemed really complex with mic placement, types of mics , mic pickup patterns, etc. I was a bit overwhelmed by it all. But I hear they have streamlined the interface a bit. Just curious on your take of MIR. You sure make it sound good.

Really glad you post here. Very inspirational to us all who are trying to improve our mixing and mastering skills.

Cass

Cool Re: Mozart - Gran Partita - Adagio

Thank you everyone for listening and comments! Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    In fact I think I saw you on Vi-control. You were brave enough to post something there. Those guys can be tough at times. I haven't had the courage to post there. But as I recall, you're post was excepted rather well. That's a feather in your cap.
    Yes you know...

Speaking of which, you could be "poster boy" for sample modeling instruments. They should use some of your renderings for demos on their site. Really of nice quality to them.
    Well, actually I'm not an official "poster-boy", it should ask for more time and professional application, but being I a beta-tester and demo maker, I love contributing to share my experience with the products. They used as main demos several of my works in the official web-site.

How are you liking the MIR reverb by the way? I tried the demo a year or so ago, but it seemed really complex with mic placement, types of mics , mic pickup patterns, etc. I was a bit overwhelmed by it all. But I hear they have streamlined the interface a bit. Just curious on your take of MIR. You sure make it sound good.
    Cass
    MIR Pro24 was on sale with Vienna Ensamble Pro, and I was studing it since the launch date years ago... I didn't resist and I bought it. Now I'm very happy I own it! Vienna Ensamble Pro is the most advanced powerful and stable VST host ever made.

About MIR I agree with your comment, it was (and partially still is) a bit complex, because it is a virtual recording stage based on sound engineering tools language and skills if you want (to use it you should know how to record a real orchestra in real space with real gear, because it simply replicate all of them in virtual acoustic reality).

And if misused it sounds roomy and metallic as a real stage may sound if recorded by beginners... LOL

But the virtual stage interface is simple and intuitive, and the preset are really good, then no need of engineering skills and knowledge if you just use it for mixing and positioning your players in the space. I can now quickly replicate almost whatever acoustic perspective I want for my music, and it's a quick and streight process in 1 step to do what before was asking for lot of different tools and steps. It does what it's designed to do! Chapeau to VSL programmers, they are outstanding software creators.

Very well done, Fabio. As you know, I often disagree
    with interpretive elements -- but the "conducting" on
    this was handled with such grace and understanding.

Much enjoyed -- I hope you continue with it.

All the best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum