I've begun to work in Sonar X2 Essentials. I've just begun to dip my toes into this water. No back flips off the high board yet. As first steps, I'm trying only to learn a few procedures specific to improving my Finale files' playback--while experimenting. Just some questions that to some might seem pretty basic. Nevertheless:
1. To create individual midi tracks in Finale and import them into Sonar, in Finale I just click "Format 1 - all instruments saved to separate tracks" in the "Export MIDI File Options" window. Correct?
2. Do I need to reload Garritan instruments for each track in Sonar?
3. Which tool and adjustment in Sonar's PRV would I use to stagger the start and stop times of notes--ever so slightly, of course? In Finale, this adjustment is made with the midi tool's note durations. Same deal in Sonar?
4. Which tool and adjustments in Sonar's PRV would I use to soften the attack of some notes' "blippiness"? In Finale, this adjustment is made with the midi tool's key velocity. Same deal in Sonar?
5. Cakewalk offers general Sonar tutorials. But I've found nothing searching for Finale-to-Sonar tutorials. Are such tutorials available somewhere?