• Register
  • Help

Topic: Nostalgical post - The old times....

Nostalgical post - The old times....

I don't know how many on this forum do this, but lately I'm reading my oldest posts on this forum (2006 - 2007, years I was joining the forum) and it's like reading a diary, full of memories. I was 16 at the time, still attending the high school, starting to move my first true steps in music, both for piano studies and composing attempts. I remember my first posts here, my first works. I was really excited to let others hear my music, and I was so happy and greatful for receiving suggestions on how to improve my work. You were all so kind with this unexperienced young boy of me xD And here, I had not only the chance to let others hear my music, but also the one to know other people's music, and I was always fulfilled by wonder hearing the works of other members. A Musicians forum, WOW! How many of this sort of things are there outside on the web? I think there aren't so much. And above all the forums I joined in, this one is my first, my favourite and the best of all. Because the difference from the others is that this forum is full of SOUL, thanks to the great people who post here and really help other musicians/composers to improve themselves. No envy, nor destructive competition: just the joy and pleasure of making music, together, in a cooperative way which doesn't exist in no other forum. We're UNIQUE.

Now, after re-reading the old posts at the end of 2013 and almost 8 years have passed since I dropped here, I must say I've been really lucky to take part on this forum. Without you all, maybe I couldn't became the musician I am now. Lately I've been not so much present here, but every time I come back it feels like home to me, where MUSIC, the true one, is the only thing that matters.

Sorry for the nostalgical post, I'm feeling sentimental tonight XD

Wish you all the best,

www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

"Square" - The debut album by Andrea Maria Ottavini

Available on http://cdbaby.com/cd/amottavini

Shortly even through iTunes, Napster, Great Indie Music and USA Stores.

Re: Nostalgical post - The old times....

I can't agree with you more Andrea. This is a place where it really does feel like home. I haven't done what you have in going back over old posts but maybe that is something we all should do at years end just to see where we have been and where it is leading us. What a musical journey this has been and what does this journey hold for us in the future.

Happy New Year!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Go Back to forum