• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Zimmer's Private Orchestra Lib

Share/Bookmark

Zimmer\'s Private Orchestra Lib

I read in Sound on Sound recently in the Hans Zimmer article that they were going to record a new orchestra library, because Zimmer was \"bored\" with the ones he has now.

I think he should sell his old library! he probably has tons of money to afford his new lib but still everyone would want to buy his old library don\'t you think so he could afford an even better new orchestra library...

Its quite late over here (uk) so perhaps I sound a little strange. Hehe, well it was just a thought.

Seriously though hands up, who would buy Zimmer\'s old orchestra lib if it was released?

Ed

Re: Zimmer\'s Private Orchestra Lib

Hehe right......I\'m pretty sure he can afford to make a librarie of his dreams, even if we all do not purchase his old library.

What I was wondering while reading the great SOS article was, how good and extencive that library is today comparing to comercial ones that we use?
    Maybe Spectrum would be kind to shed some light on this? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alex

I don\'t think they are bothering with new recordings right now. I know they are re-editing the old samples from scratch and will program them with release trails and in surround. His samples are a good example of just a few killer patches that can take you a long way.

There\'s no other library like this one. The sound of Air Studios/Abbey Road and the passion and tone of the LSO is still the best thing on the planet. The deal to use it commercially is very expensive. (basically, you have to repay the LSO for sessions everytime you use it.....that\'s 5 figure payments for every project you use it on)....and of course you need permission from Hans. A lot of pro composers have this library illegally, and I know MV has talked pretty seriously about starting legal action against some of them. I\'m sure several of you reading this fall into this camp...my advice is to delete the stuff off your drives, and get your act together before you get sued!

Hans isn\'t able to sell this library as a commercial product though, because of the deals made with the original players...so don\'t get your hopes up. He was thinking about trying to work it out and renegotiate with everyone involved originally, but the piracy thing made it not very interesting for him. If it was not so rampant, he probably would have done it.

You never know though with Hans....he\'s always about ten steps ahead of everyone else!

Definitely a forward thinker and one of my heroes.

My understanding is that the fabled Has Zimmer LSO library is nothing to get too excited about in comparison to some of the other libraries currently available such as GOS and DDBE!
    I believe the string section is essentially one map across the keyboard (ie. no 1st, 2nd, violas etc but a combined sound).
    I don\'t have it, and if I did I probably wouldn\'t use it on commercial projects unless I wanted all my music to sound just like Backdraft!

Of course, you gotta figure just about everybody who has ever interned at Media Ventures in the past few years has managed to smuggle out a copy! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Of course, you gotta figure just about everybody who has ever interned at Media Ventures in the past few years has managed to smuggle out a copy!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That I seriously doubt! My friend interned for Hans and from the stories he\'s told me, the interns are kept on pretty short leashes. Hans is all business with the interns.

But anything is possible! I would not want to be the intern who gets caught in the act or in the posession of said samples. They might find there budding careers cut a bit short. Just my opinion though.

Double Post! Sorry!

In case some of you haven\'t heard, there is a full mockup of \"The Battle\" cue (8 minutes) on the second CD of Gladiator called \"More Music from Gladiator\". This gives us an idea of what Hans library sounds like.

That\'s not the case....its some of the most amazing stuff anywhere....VERY emotional and huge....and your info is wrong about the level of detail...there are many versions of it, and you probably got your info from someone who has a pirated version of a small part of the library....it\'s huge and extensive.

Originally posted by midphase:
    My understanding is that the fabled Has Zimmer LSO library is nothing to get too excited about in comparison to some of the other libraries currently available such as GOS and DDBE!
    I believe the string section is essentially one map across the keyboard (ie. no 1st, 2nd, violas etc but a combined sound).
    I don\'t have it, and if I did I probably wouldn\'t use it on commercial projects unless I wanted all my music to sound just like Backdraft!

Of course, you gotta figure just about everybody who has ever interned at Media Ventures in the past few years has managed to smuggle out a copy! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

\"A lot of pro composers have this library illegally, and I know MV has talked pretty seriously about starting legal action against some of them. I\'m sure several of you reading this fall into this camp...my advice is to delete the stuff off your drives, and get your act together before you get sued!\"

\"and you probably got your info from someone who has a pirated version..\"

I\'m just lurking on this thread, but I think we can do without this suttle method of calling us pirates.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast