• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Organ Showcase Number Sixteen"

Share/Bookmark

"Organ Showcase Number Sixteen"

All,

This is my "Organ Showcase Number Sixteen" .
    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...Showcase16.mp3

The organ and all of the other instruments, except the choir, are from the Garritan GPO sample library.

My best to everyone. Happy New Year!

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Organ Showcase Number Sixteen"

Ahh! Another great piece from Larry! Another type of instrument I don't have much experience in listening to, "The Organ." This sounds pretty good, nice and spooky!!! Sounds like it's gonna be a spooky new years! It has a great flow. The tune keeps you connected EH! Great job Brutha! Happy new years!

Your New Years Canadian Broski,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    Ahh! Another great piece from Larry! Another type of instrument I don't have much experience in listening to, "The Organ." This sounds pretty good, nice and spooky!!! Sounds like it's gonna be a spooky new years! It has a great flow. The tune keeps you connected EH! Great job Brutha! Happy new years!

Your New Years Canadian Broski,

Richard
    Thanks for listening, Canada dude.

Take care.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Here I was in such despair that you weren't going to provide us with your creative writing for awhile according to your last post Larry.

But here you are, back with another fabulous delight. I love the synth throughout, singing duet with the organ. (at least I think it is a synth, my ears are failing of late.).

Great combo. Your music of this style is always such a blast. You can put sparkle into music like nobody else can. Thanks for the uplift this morning Larry.

Cass

You know, Larry, I've been meaning to ask you this question
    for years --

Do you have any idea how many pieces (and how many per-
    formance hours) of music you've written? My gosh, it must
    be an incredible collection of work!

Everything good in the New Year, Larry!

All best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    You know, Larry, I've been meaning to ask you this question
    for years --

Do you have any idea how many pieces (and how many per-
    formance hours) of music you've written? My gosh, it must
    be an incredible collection of work!

Everything good in the New Year, Larry!

All best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    I can't count that high, Mister Dave. Quantity doesn't neccessarily mean quality.

I have been composing since I was somewhere around eight years old and I will pass the eighty-year mark the thirtieth of this month.

Thanks for your friendship.

My best to you.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Interesting information, Larry. You will be past the 80 soon. Well, according to the huge number of compositions you've presented here and all the other ones, I thought you were 180! (LOL). But Mathusalem's beard was a little longer. So you have to catch up the beard growth, but M. didn't write any music... Larry, it has been said numerous times, your creative mind is so incredibly rich and versatile.

Sincerely, what I still miss in your gigantic oeuvre is some house music, or R&B, metal rock and not to forget, some experimental contemporary music, in which you can destroy good old instruments... But I guess we can expect the unexpected soon.

Bravo again, Larry!

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Interesting information, Larry. You will be past the 80 soon. Well, according to the huge number of compositions you've presented here and all the other ones, I thought you were 180! (LOL). But Methusela's beard was a little longer. So you have to catch up the beard growth, but M. didn't write any music... Larry, it has been said numerous times, your creative mind is so incredibly rich and versatile.

Sincerely, what I still miss in your gigantic oeuvre is some house music, or R&B, metal rock and not to forget, some experimental contemporary music, in which you can destroy good old instruments... But I guess we can expect the unexpected soon.

Bravo again, Larry!

Max
    Sincerely, what I still miss in your gigantic oeuvre is some house music, or R&B, metal rock and not to forget, some experimental contemporary music

I try to not have more than three or four of my works posted at the same time.

I will attempt to post some of my compositions that match your statement above.

Thanks for your message, Mister Max.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Here I was in such despair that you weren't going to provide us with your creative writing for awhile according to your last post Larry.

But here you are, back with another fabulous delight. I love the synth throughout, singing duet with the organ. (at least I think it is a synth, my ears are failing of late.).

Great combo. Your music of this style is always such a blast. You can put sparkle into music like nobody else can. Thanks for the uplift this morning Larry.

Cass
    I'm sorry for the lateness of my reply, Mister Cass.

Thanks very much for the nice compliments. Your messages mean a lot to me.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum