I just found out that there\'s a new version of SIR at http://www.knufinke.de/sir/ .
Here are the new features (just copied it from the SIR site):
1. the latency got reduced to 8960 samples
2. the new paramter \"stretch\" allows you to change the length of the impuls response via up/downsampling the reverse button
3. you can adjust the EQ with softer curve
4. the memory consumption has been reduced
5. the fileselecter remembers now the position of the current loaded waveform
6. the \"dynamic CPU consumption\" allows you to free up unused CPU capacity
7. \"+12dB button\" allows you to add 12db to your wet-signal
8. a more respectable interface design
9. many bugfixes and some smaller improvements ...
10. ...and it\'s still free!
I\'ve been using this plug-in for quite some time and it\'s really wonderful. I can\'t wait to try the new version!