• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: EDIT

Share/Bookmark
    PatS

Re: EDIT

Simon:

Please retract your statement. My uncle, aunt, and cousin live in the D.C. area and are scared as hell.

Pat

Originally posted by Francis Belardino:

FIND HIM AND HANG HIM HIGH!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I agree with Simon here. Let\'s keep this forum clean from this kind of calls for revenge. This madman should be arrested and brought before a normal court, IMO.

For a lot of people living outside the USA, this style of language is quite offensive and underlining the current \"let\'s make the world a safer place by starting some new war\" mentality.

And Pat, being scared does not justify a call for killing (hanging) someone, IMHO.

oh jeeez ...

Originally posted by PeterRoos:
    And Pat, being scared does not justify a call for killing (hanging) someone, IMHO.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I don\'t like to get into political debates. And in general I am not a fan of the death penalty. But to say there is no justification for killing this guy?

Hanging is WAY too good for him. The guy is shooting random people including children. The sooner he is dead, the better, IMO. If I knew where he was, I\'d go do it myself, as would most other people in this country. I don\'t care if that offends anyone or not.

This isn\'t about making war. It is about getting rid of one wacko madman who is on a killing spree and needs to be removed from the gene pool sooner rather than later.

I suggest we focus on music here though. We don\'t do well in political discussions.

PatS

Originally posted by PeterRoos:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Francis Belardino:

FIND HIM AND HANG HIM HIGH!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I agree with Simon here. Let\'s keep this forum clean from this kind of calls for revenge. This madman should be arrested and brought before a normal court, IMO.

For a lot of people living outside the USA, this style of language is quite offensive and underlining the current \"let\'s make the world a safer place by starting some new war\" mentality.

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">My comment was in response to Simon\'s post; in no way did I intend to endorse Francis\' opinion on how we should treat the culprit. I strongly oppose the death penalty and any call to kill others (though perhaps not strongly enough, since I didn\'t respond to Francis, in addition to Simon). Do you have any idea how much our President and Congress scare the hell out of me?

So, in all fairness, let me add to my earlier post. Francis: Please retract your comments about hanging the sniper. For everyone\'s sake, exercise sensitivity over your right to free speech. Simon: I thought your comment was in poor taste, mainly in light of what my relatives and their neighbors in the D.C. area are experiencing.

There! Is everyone happy? Doubt it!

Pat

P.S. Would the moderators be so kind as to delete this entire thread, while I figure out how to get back the last five minutes of my life? Much obliged!

This isn\'t about making war. It is about getting rid of one wacko madman who is on a killing spree and needs to be removed from the gene pool sooner rather than later.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Is that a quote from Bush? Sorry, couldn\'t resist [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I agree we must not discuss this stuff here... I promise this was my last reply.

And thanks Pat. I appreciate your reply.

I\'ll be sure to pass along all of your sentiments to my relatives in DC. I\'m sure they will find them comforting.

Yikes!

Sorry everyone.

I guess I was a little upset -- my in laws are from Rockville, MD.

I agree ... music only.

my bad [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

\"My comment was in response to Simon\'s post; in no way did I intend to endorse Francis\' opinion on how we should treat the culprit...\"

Truth be told.

I was using \"HANG \'EM HIGH\" as an old western term ... kinda like a figure of speech. You know the Van Halen song??

But, whatever.

Originally posted by PatS:
    Simon:

Please retract your statement. My uncle, aunt, and cousin live in the D.C. area and are scared as hell.

Pat
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Maybe we are being a little too over-sensitive. Last I checked, humor was still a normal and effective way of dealing with fear and stress.

And let\'s keep things in perspective here: your uncle, aunt, and cousin should also be scared as hell every time they get behind the wheel of an automobile, seeing as their chances of serious injury or death in an automobile accident are probably much greater than the chance of them being victimized by this lone, wacko sniper.

-Shawn

Go Back to forum