Topic: OT — Storm

Share/Bookmark

OT — Storm

Are you everybody well, over there?
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Re: OT — Storm

Cold and Snowy! We, in the near midwest side of the country did not get hit to badly but the east coast is taking a good hit from the Nor-easter. Thanks for the concern.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Hey Pisano,

Reporting in from the NYC suburbs ... cold, Cold, C-O-L-D!!!! Oh, and a little snow ... I'd say we shoveled 6"-8" (because of the temperature only being in the 20's (F), this is very powdery, fine snow that drifts quite a bit, up to 12" in areas).

On the plus side, it's relatively light to shovel, we have heat, power, cable, and internet, and everything on our block is absolutely gorgeous. And since I didn't have a massive coronary from this very musician-unlike activity (shoveling!), I treated myself to a big, ol' country breakfast and a pot of coffee. Life is cold, but good!

Thanks for asking Fabio (btw, do you ever get snow in the Milano area?), and glad to hear things are fine on Lake Erie, Rich.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    (btw, do you ever get snow in the Milano area?)
    Yes, of course, but I'm sure that it is not the opening new for U.S. papers' front pages.
    (Did you catch the recipe for baccalà I posted for you?)
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    Yes, of course, but I'm sure that it is not the opening new for U.S. papers' front pages.
    (Did you catch the recipe for baccalà I posted for you?)
    Yes, my friend, I watched the entire video ... and thank you! I have been terrible with my correspondence, so sorry for the delay.

I've cooked my baccala a variety of ways, but found in a lot of the preparations, the salt cod started taking on the qualities of fresh cod, which in my head, seemed counter-productive (IOW, why not just use fresh cod which is cheaper and you don't have to soak it for three days! LOL). But I have to say, the video prep looked very elegant AND very delicious ... I will try it sometime!

Frank

Really nothing unusual for us in North Dakota. The next two days we are under a blizzard warning with air temperature predicted for 31 degrees below zero and wind chill at 78 degrees below zero. A most excellent time for staying indoors in front of the fire with a warm puppy in your lap. Well, that and writing a little music on the side.

Tom

Thanks for checking on us, Fab - We're very fortunate, here in Oregon. It's cold today, and I wasn't happy needing to spend most of my day out in the weather, and we had our own version of the big freeze recently - but the storms and horrible conditions much of the rest of the country's been going through are much worse than anything we've had here.

But don't let anyone tell you the weather patterns are changing! NOooooo, of course not.

Randy

Now I remember one of the reasons I moved from Michigan to Phoenix. It was around 73 and sunny here today. The summer is our winter when you stay in the house although in the morning it's not too bad for exercising outside.

Jim

I am not gloating from Mexico. The temperature is 74 F, my small pool is overflowing with the 4" of rain in the past 3 days, the wind was from the North at 45-50 km/hr, now down to 20.
    I will post an address for a Google Earth picture of current wind directions and velocity of the whole earth. It is an incredible achievement to create this and a must see for us.
    The storm you were talking about has moved towards the east since yesterday, but the cold is remaining in Ontario, Canada also, and hope my roof is holding the snow-load back home?....

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current...6.27,36.96,879

Ted

Nothing unusual for the Connecticut hill towns... though
    shoveling a foot of snow off my 800-foot driveway gets
    to be a chore in this kind of a cold -- down to -10F last
    night in parts of the state.

Everybody stay warm!

Go Back to forum