• Register
  • Help

Topic: Impulse files

Share/Bookmark

Impulse files

Can anyone direct me to some good impulse files for Acoustic Mirror?

Thank You

\"Take me to peace of mind, and nothing to rebel\"

Re: Impulse files

This answer is prolly quite obvious:
    Garritan Orchestral Strings, disc 17, part of the major update this year.
    Judged by many as the first serious and also usable Acoustic Mirror impulse.

I guess you already have checked all impulses from Sonic Foundry? http://www.sonicfoundry.com/download/step1.asp?CatID=6

There are plenty of USEABLE impulses available on the net. Do a web search. I do not own the GOS library, so i cannot judge the impulse files included, but i seriously doubt they are they ONLY useable impulses. People who dished out the $1000 for the library have a tendency to believe everything related to it is gold. Just my observation.

passacaglia

Are the Impulse Files also on the lite-Version ? I hope so, since I can´t afford the extra 700,-- € for the full version

Kudos, @lex <\"))><

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by passacaglia:
    There are plenty of USEABLE impulses available on the net. Do a web search. I do not own the GOS library, so i cannot judge the impulse files included, but i seriously doubt they are they ONLY useable impulses. People who dished out the $1000 for the library have a tendency to believe everything related to it is gold. Just my observation.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I wouldn\'t say the GOS impulses are the only usable ones, by a long shot, as many other people (myself included) have done nice ones. I haven\'t heard any really amazing halls from internet sources, although I\'ve heard many nice vintage gear, etc., impulses. Do you have some particular links?

I\'ll be the first to say that these impulses are better than any I have done, and that I think they are the best I\'ve heard to date. They are really stunning, absolutely first-class.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Here\'s one more, an excellent collection of amps, mics, and studio gear:

http://www.geocities.com/beamsonic/welcome.htm

Ah yes, thanks Bruce. I believe there was a reference to Beamsonic in the second link i provided. Probably the best resource for obscure and useful impulses.

If there is enough demand, i may provide some of my private stock impulses to people (would like to know if your designs are also available).

i have some for the TC Electronics M5000, SSl G383 mic-pre\'s, Avalon pre\'s .. and other various goodies.

passacaglia

Why are the Beamsonics impulse responses in .wav format, while the Acoustic Mirror impulse responses have an .sfi extension. What is the difference in these file formats?

Thanks,
    Hans

Go Back to forum