• Register
  • Help

Topic: Velocity control of upper notes on shakes

Share/Bookmark

Velocity control of upper notes on shakes

Tony Hopkins' tut about shakes says the upper notes can and should be controlled by velocity. I can't seem to get mine to respond in the piano roll, they stay the same no matter how quiet or loud I change them. Any one had any success? Thanks.

Re: Velocity control of upper notes on shakes

Quote Originally Posted by MJH01 View Post
    Tony Hopkins' tut about shakes says the upper notes can and should be controlled by velocity. I can't seem to get mine to respond in the piano roll, they stay the same no matter how quiet or loud I change them. Any one had any success? Thanks.
    hmmm, I'll have to look that up and see again what Hopkins has in that tutorial, but I think you're referring to his info on the original and more complicated way to do Shakes. The process was streamlined in the newer JABB now being sold.

Starting on p. 57 of the JABB tutorial (found in your JABB program folder) - there are detailed instructions.

Notice first on that page is a chart showing the old method, and the last item in the chart is velocity being used for "volume trim."

But below that, the Auto Shakes method is explained. It has the same result, but is much easier to use. Notice that velocity effecting volume is no longer listed. For instrument volume control, you would use either CC1 or 11 as you normally need to do for Garritan instruments.

Randy

Go Back to forum