• Register
  • Help

Topic: Real Giga Drums problem?

Share/Bookmark

Real Giga Drums problem?

I just got Real Giga Drums, I\'m doing some major surgery on them in the Giga Editor and come across a problem I can\'t solve with the hi-hats.

I\'m working on the ambient/roomy hi hats and if the polyphony is set so the closed hats cut off the open hats, the reverb tails get chopped off too. This makes sense I suppose but there are no release triggered reverb tails in Real Giga Drums and it sounds a bit crap and not very natural.

Any thoughts/workarounds anyone?

Re: Real Giga Drums problem?

yup its a problem. Also the keygroup cutoff, I believe doesn\'t trigger the release trigger (if you were to create one).

I was fooling around with the idea of creating release triggers for the hats, but got lazy.

There\'s no real workaround with the room hats

I tend to mix the room level pretty low for the hats anyways.

A good idea is to set up a seperate CC to control the attenuation for the hats and each/some of other drums/cymbals. This way you can still mix with standard volume settings but adjust individual drums as they are needed.

Thanks King

At least I can stop scratching my head now!

Hopefully Tascam will make an option for the release triggers to ignore the keygroup cutoff at some point.

If you were really crazy,

you could build an environment in logic or building blocks that would have its own \"keygroups\" and would trigger a \"release sample\" when a specific sample stops playing due to the keygrouping.

Of course this is out of the way [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    If you were really crazy,

you could build an environment in logic or building blocks that would have its own \"keygroups\" and would trigger a \"release sample\" when a specific sample stops playing due to the keygrouping.

Of course this is out of the way [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m not sure I\'m that insane or capable!!!

Hmmm... maybe the cut off doesn\'t sound so bad after all with a bit of Altiverb to mask the gaps. ;-)

Go Back to forum