• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Mermory of Winter

Share/Bookmark

A Memory of Winter

https://soundcloud.com/savetara/a-memory-of-winter

Well, I have come up with something else to compose after all! I looked outside my window and saw how beautiful winter is. I love the snow and the entire scenery of winter. Here is a nice but short happy passage I created to reflect upon the memories of winter! Don't mind the birds!!! They are new breed called, "Winter Ice Birds," LOL! Forgot to take them out of the online sfx generator! So these are winter birds !

I will try and come up with other stuff to help expand my composing but I will always continue to compose, arrange, and share my music for the memories of Tara. I have Tara's Theme 2014 and Save Tara 2014 nearly arranged. The 2014 arrangement of her theme is a very special solo violin arrangement. I am creating it with the GRID SNAP OFF and with much detail as compared to what I have shared before.

So here is my first happy composition of the new year!

Libraries Used:
    - Friedlander Violin (Embertone)
    - Vienna Appassionata Strings
    - Winter Noise (Online Generator) http://crowds.ambient-mixer.com/

Regards,

Richard

Re: A Mermory of Winter

A lovely sketch, Thanks!

Really beautiful! Although this is a limited, short piece, you should try to make your strings 'live'. In most of your compositions, you only use them as background chords. That is one application, but there's a lot more to do with them... Only, the Appassionata strings are not particularly fit to realise great performances. Therefore, the VSL orchestra strings are a better means.

A little strange to here a finch singing in winter. This is a typical spring and summer bird.

Good to hear you've started composing in a new horizon!

Max

It sounds nice but is much to short. To me, it brings up more of a springlike feel than winter.
    An interesting post. Thanks Jay.

Thanks for the listen Max and Jay.

Indeed is a short piece, I wanted to test my ability of making something somewhat upbeat. I do indeed mainly use the full strings for chords... The appassionata strings are gorgeous for making those thick warm sounds. They have gained first place for my favorite strings now. However, I still love the Sonivox expressivos.

It's going to take some real practice for me to get real performances. I am used to long chords and character based compositions. I have very few melodies outside of what I compose for Tara. The solo violin in this piece is my attempt to making something truly different.

The birds were a mistake I forgot to turn them off in the online sfx generator.

Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    ...I forgot to turn them off in the online sfx generator...
    It's a very nice start on something, Richard - What is the "online sfx generator" you're referring to?

Randy

I am very pleased with the subject of this. It is not war, not loss of love, as your musical paintings were using dark colors most of the time. And, short as it is, you have the start of something very bright and optimistic..
    Great, Richard, keep going....

Ted

I must be blind. I cannot find a link to this piece in this thread. Hmmm....
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I must be blind. I cannot find a link to this piece in this thread. Hmmm....
    There's not a link, Rich - He used SoundCloud with its player displayed right on the post. If you don't see it maybe your Flash or something needs updating?

Randy

Thanks for more feedback on this guys, glad everyone is enjoying this little passage.

@Randy:
    Here is the link to the online sound sfx generator. A very great place for atmosphere! Maybe I will start making some more relaxation-type music. Kind of like that stuff you would listen to while you are meditating (birds, water, ocean, etc), it is another genre of music I do enjoy.
    http://crowds.ambient-mixer.com/

Here is the soundcloud link by itself. Randy right it may be flash player issue if you can't see it.

Regards,

Richard

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast