• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: White Grand!

Share/Bookmark

White Grand!

[img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'ve had the DVD waiting on the table since Wednesday, but I somehow knew I\'d be sitting for too long if I installed it right away... Today was the day.

What a playable inspiring piano! I grew up playing on an upright Malmsjö (still have it) as well as a Malmsjö grand. Not very surprisingly this is home to me. Everything I wanted to hear is there, the brilliance, the details and the unmistakable bright but full sound. This will definitely be my first choice for a while. I\'m happy as a kid!

/Mattias

Re: White Grand!

Mattias,

That\'s wonderful to hear !! I can\'t wait to get it. Hope you can post us a demo of what you\'re doing with this library [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Mattias, and glad you like it, \"Skitkul\" as we say in Sweden.....
    Malmsjo really made incredible instruments!

Still 7 days left on the introduction offer!
    10% discount + free worldwide shipping.
    Available in Giga/Kontakt/HALion format. Kontakt & HALion has 16 or 24 bit versions.
    Free crossgrades between formats will be available!
    Read more about the White Grand here!

Ok but why are you guys sticking your tongues out at each other? What\'s that about?

Originally posted by Hasen:
    Ok but why are you guys sticking your tongues out at each other? What\'s that about?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The name of this Graemlin is \"WOW\", so [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] means that they like it!

I\'ve managed to hear one online demo of this sample, and as I said at the time, the detail of the piano is impressive. Still, it would be nice if there were MORE online SOLO piano demos of all different types of material. AND, it would be nice if these online demos were EASY to find. As it stands, I\'m having a real hard time locating the demos that I was able to listen to a while back. MORE online EASY TO ACCESS demos = more sales!

JG

Originally posted by JohnGrant:
    I\'ve managed to hear one online demo of this sample, and as I said at the time, the detail of the piano is impressive. Still, it would be nice if there were MORE online SOLO piano demos of all different types of material.
    JG
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Strange too, that the piano is billed as suitable for \"jazz and rock\" and yet the demos are in neither style! Anyway, I would like to hear some gentle slow sustained playing, with some soloed melody.

I had successfully resisted ordering to take advantage of the \"special deal\" and then they go and extend the offer! Bah! (As the BORG say, resistance is futile!) I\'m trying to hold out for the darker piano, but . . . . .

Anyway, yes, some additional demos (without pops and clicks) in a variety of styles would be helpful.

Lawrence

Originally posted by Lougheed:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by JohnGrant:
    I\'ve managed to hear one online demo of this sample, and as I said at the time, the detail of the piano is impressive. Still, it would be nice if there were MORE online SOLO piano demos of all different types of material.
    JG
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Strange too, that the piano is billed as suitable for \"jazz and rock\" and yet the demos are in neither style! Anyway, I would like to hear some gentle slow sustained playing, with some soloed melody.

I had successfully resisted ordering to take advantage of the \"special deal\" and then they go and extend the offer! Bah! (As the BORG say, resistance is futile!) I\'m trying to hold out for the darker piano, but . . . . .

Anyway, yes, some additional demos (without pops and clicks) in a variety of styles would be helpful.

Lawrence
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yep! More demos are coming shortly. I\'ll also see to that there are pop/click free demos!
    But, one of the demo is quite \"jazzy\"!

I probably should have checked the demos again, before commenting. However, that\'s cool! I\'m looking forward to them!

Lawrence

John,

http://www.sampletekk.com/proddetail.php?prod=ST-001

Scroll down. There are four demos available.

Worra,

Am I correct in assuming that Demo 4 (the classical one) was not made playing the White Grand, but a MIDI file from another source was used? There\'s something peculiar about the pedalling, which makes me suspect that the MIDI file was first made using another piano.

Go Back to forum