• Register
  • Help

Topic: I'm addicted to Sax!

Share/Bookmark

I\'m addicted to Sax!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I know Sharmy is too. These VSL Saxophones are the most playable sampled instruments I used! I\'m in love with the tenor...especially the lower registers where it gets nice and reedy. There\'s a wealth of articulations also. Quite a few for dynamics like pf, fp, pfp, sfz, sffz, etc. Various short notes, staccato...blah blah blah. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] If VSL makes a second volume of saxophones, I\'m the first in line.

Re: I\'m addicted to Sax!

So this is where the Saxaholics hang out?

Sounds like a cool lib, I can\'t afford anything with the VSL logo on it, but hey, how about some demos when you get the time?

If I get time to put something interesting together, I\'ll post it. I\'m not much for a real-time player, but I suppose I can make something that at least expresses what this library is capable of doing. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

US

I also concur about the lower Tenor tones as being well captured.

How about posting a tidbit of your work with that Tenor in play..

Alan Russell

Alan L.

Did you hear all of the VSL Sax Demos lately?

Alan Russell

Originally posted by Alan Russell:
    Alan L.

Did you hear all of the VSL Sax Demos lately?

Alan Russell
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No... just the first one they released, but I\'ll head over to their site tomorrow and have a listen, I\'m off for the rest of the night...

Goodnight everyone.

Originally posted by Sharmy:
    I would think that saxophones 2 would have alto and bari, but I only base that on what is missing here.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Agreed, but what about bass and contrabass? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Ok, the latter is maybe a bit exotic and over the edge but a bass sax sample would be cool.

/Mattias

\"A bit exotic and over the edge \" is what VSL is all about from what I can tell. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Aside from that, the Saxophones manual addresses the fact that the VSL team had intended on recording saxophones from the projects infancy. You never know what they\'ll come up with next...

Sharmy, I would like some non-delayed trills also.

Originally posted by unconscious sound:
    You never know what they\'ll come up with next...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">True, but after \"Glass and Stones\" wouldn\'t the logical step be \"Diamonds and Pearls\"? It surely would be the one and only sample library you could buy for your wife at Christmas and still get away with it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

/Mattias

Go Back to forum