• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Looking for sitar (and other exotic)

Share/Bookmark

Looking for sitar (and other exotic)

Hi!
    Looking for either a \"stand alone\" set of sitar samples of very good->excellent quality, or contained within a library of similar instruments. Weighing the realism of this route vs an electric sitar. I don\'t have the skill or patience to deal with a real one [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] , and electric sounds nice, but still not as close as a good smaple library *could* provide (if one exists).

Also looking for Oud, Tar, Saz (Baglama), Sarod, Gibson Harp Guitar, Esraj, Hurdy Gurdy, etc; you get the idea. Percusive and semi-percusive like the Santur, etc would be welcome as well.

Most of what I have found are libraries of strictly percussive exotic, or libraries of low->decent quality collections of many instruments, with none being high enough quality to be *convincing.\" Either that or \"loop libraries,\" which I personally do not care for. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thx!

Re: Looking for sitar (and other exotic)

Nikki

Ethno World 2 has quite a few instruments you mention including Sitar.

Hi!
    Ahhh! Thx so much! I looked on Sounds Online, and only Ethno World 1 came up. I need to look a bit deeper I guess- hehehe...

Anyone have this? If so- how is it? It says about 3G in size- how much of it is loops? (yuck) (sorry...). Opinion overall? Any other libraries to compare it with?

Anyone know if they will be releasing a Kontakt version any time soon? Or will one of the available formats translate well to Kontakt, either natively or via ChickenSys Translator?
    If so, which one, and which method of translation? If it will, ordering today [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I should have mentioned I am using Kontakt- doh!

Originally posted by leogardini:
    Have you checked Rare Intruments http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=QLRIGIG
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, and it does not have a sitar (by the instrument list at the bottom of the page). [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Thx though! (cool library [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Ho yes , I didn´t read the list , I just listen to the demo and I thought that the intrument on the final part was a sitar , actually it´s a bagpipe I think.
    Rare intruments 2 is coming...maybe!!!

What about Heart of Asia???
    It´s an old akai but the quality is not bad!!!

Or there\'s the instruments from SwaarShala which come both as a stand alone product, and as a VST ROMpler, but I\'ve never used them so I can\'t account for their useability. The demo sounds ok though.

BUMP
    for the question about translating the EXS/Halion version to Kontakt...

Originally posted by Pingu:
    Or there\'s the instruments from SwaarShala which come both as a stand alone product, and as a VST ROMpler, but I\'ve never used them so I can\'t account for their useability. The demo sounds ok though.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">dont get that swarshala, it\'s a ripoff for it\'s price...

Go Back to forum