• Register
  • Help

Topic: Damon Bradley

Share/Bookmark

Re: Damon Bradley

All three examples there are excellent, and we kind of expect it of those three now. (Was this another Middle Earth inspired theme too?) The Damon number grabbed me because of its beauty in simplicity. Very subtle. I like subtle. Subtle is not easy to do. Ok Damon, you have some explaining to do. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Wow! Hey guys thanks for the very kind words [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] The piece was inspired a bit from seeing Lord of the Rings as well. I couldn\'t help but visually get these ideas of people treking through mountains and onto a still river of dread to come during the night (I used those Ethno World windchimes as stars, lol).
    It was one of those pieces that just sort of flowed along quickly (which rarely happens to me).
    It started with just the 1st and 2nd violins, then grew into something that kept feeding off eachother.
    I used SI strings along with SAM horns and the SoV london choir. Harp is Xsample and woods are Miro and Xsample as well. SAM trumpet is in there and some tidbits of Distorted Reality 2 and a Percussive Adventures accent trail.
    Once again, thanks for the compliments and listening [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Well played my good man! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the input.

Wasn\'t Simons Middle Earth piece a mock-up of some Lord of the Ring soundtrack? I\'m saying this because many of the elements of that middle earth piece comes from Howard Shore, such as the snare and anvil thingy with the low brass theme. Am I right? Or am I off?

Originally posted by A_Sapp:
    Wasn\'t Simons Middle Earth piece a mock-up of some Lord of the Ring soundtrack? I\'m saying this because many of the elements of that middle earth piece comes from Howard Shore, such as the snare and anvil thingy with the low brass theme. Am I right? Or am I off?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No mock-up, though the part you remember does borrow the basic elements from a section of LOTR\'s \"Amon Hen\" if I\'m not mistaken. I\'m sure Simon will correct me if I\'m wrong. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

\"The piece was inspired a bit from seeing Lord of the Rings as well.\"

Wasn\'t it Simon who said:

\"If you want to compose like others, study the people they studied...\"

Guess this works here with the soundtrack as well [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for such unexpected beautiful moments while listening to music in the morning, Damon [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hansi

Hansi, actually it wasnt me who said that - I remember the phrase, but can\'t recall who said it. Anyway, to sort of defend myself here, the only part which was inspired by LOTR, was the 5/8 part, which had a clear resemblence to one of the LOTR \'themes\' - I don\'t know which track.

Damon Bradley

Originally posted by Francis Belardino:

Journey By Night - This may be the best SCORE I have heared via a user. Just perfect!

Talk to us about it. What are we hearing and how was it done?

BRAVO!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I used SI strings along with SAM horns and the SoV london choir.

Ahh, so the strings are NOT Garritan?

By the way... I thought the wind chimes added a very sweet yet scary touch. Great sound. I have Ethno World prosample version....dont have the chimes, I dont think... they sound great [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum