• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Need Low cost PC Digital Audio program

Share/Bookmark

Need Low cost PC Digital Audio program

Can any one recommend a good lowcost PC based Digital Audio Recording and Editing program? One that handles every bit resolution, Sample rates up to 48 k, mp3 of various resolutions, encoding, wav, aiff?

Thanks in advance,
    Rick

Re: Need Low cost PC Digital Audio program

Vegas 4

Originally posted by robgb:
    Vegas 4
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks, are there any cheaper programs that don\'t have video editing features? A friend of mine who uses a PC asked me for advise on what to get for editing digital audio, unfortunately I\'m a Mac user, so I\'m not much help. I do know he\'s on a very tight budget. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rick

Outside of Cubasis 4.0 Look at Cubase Studio Case for the SE version of Cubase SX.

Not real familiar with it, but you might want to look at POWER TRACKS at www.pgmusic.com

This is the same operation that makes BAND IN A BOX. They have a SUPER cheap sequencer/audio program.

Jerry

Check out some of the cheaper versions of ACID. You can record some of your stuff as loops - for instance a 12-bar blues bass, and just draw them in. There are lots of loops available, and many ship with it, so you can make music right away.

The biggest limitation with ACID is that it doesn\'t have optimized hard drive management. Too many long tracks and not enough memory lead to pops and crackles. Also, the non-pro versions only support a limited number of tracks.

I think they still offer a free version, and you can try out the pro-version as well. ACID was the first program that I was able to use to make really nice productions, and I still find it a great tool today.

You might look at NTracks (Google for the site.) They have a really inexpensive program that seems to do a lot.

Dasher

Many thanks for all the suggestions.

Ricxk

Just to throw another into the fray, Mackie just released something called \"Traktion\"

http://www.mackie.com/namm/tracktion.html

Might want to check it out. Ableton Live has been getting a great deal of good press as well.

Cheers,
    Crispin

A great resource is www.kvr-vst.com .

A scroll through \"Quick Host Links\" will give a nice list of almost everything currently out there.

Go Back to forum