• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2014a is out... but Human Playback isn't fixed?!?

Share/Bookmark

Angry Finale 2014a is out... but Human Playback isn't fixed?!?

That drive me crazy... I did really rely on the bug fix in the hope of Human Playback back to old glory... no way: it seems they just fixed few audio and graphic issues...

Anybody using it with a different/better experience?

disappointed and sad...

Re: Finale 2014a is out... but Human Playback isn't fixed?!?

Fabio, are there posts on any of the MM Forums talking about a HP problem? I'm curious what's being said, and what the specific nature of the "bug" is-?

Randy

Unhappy Re: Finale 2014a is out... but Human Playback isn't fixed?!?

Yes Randy,
    the problems were recognized by several users and discussed in this forum, in Finale forum and in VSL forum just to mention a few.

The main and unfixed issue is about the instrument technics filter: it doesn't read the name of libraries and patches anymore, so all the set up for Stradivari, Gofriller or VSL are useless.

The other issue is about the dynamics behaviour, still not working as before or as expected (selecting the technic in the Human Playback like auto, cc11 or cc1 + velocity etc).

I personally experimented that, with the demo version: now I was in the hope of getting it fixed in 2014a and buy it... but my disappointment stop me again from purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Yes Randy,

The main and unfixed issue is about the instrument technics filter: it doesn't read the name of libraries and patches anymore, so all the set up for Stradivari, Gofriller or VSL are useless.
    This has been reported by several users, I'm sure that MM is aware of this problem. But, there is an easy fix in the meantime, in the HP preferences, go into the instrument that you want to use, and disable the filter that references the product manufacturer.

For example, where it says something like:
    Apply filter only is name contains - Garritan (or VSL...), simply change this setting to "none".

A tip though, if you're going to do this, then I'd suggest that you make a duplicate copy of your HP preferences and edit that copy. This way, once MM fixes this bug, you can switch back to the standard HP preferences with this information intact and you won't have take time to re-edit your preferences back to make them normal.

JT

"go into the instrument that you want to use"

How does one do that?

Lightbulb Re: Finale 2014a is out... but Human Playback isn't fixed?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner View Post
    This has been reported by several users, I'm sure that MM is aware of this problem. But, there is an easy fix in the meantime, in the HP preferences, go into the instrument that you want to use, and disable the filter that references the product manufacturer.

For example, where it says something like:
    Apply filter only is name contains - Garritan (or VSL...), simply change this setting to "none".

A tip though, if you're going to do this, then I'd suggest that you make a duplicate copy of your HP preferences and edit that copy. This way, once MM fixes this bug, you can switch back to the standard HP preferences with this information intact and you won't have take time to re-edit your preferences back to make them normal.

JT
    Thank you very much Jeff. I heard about it and I forgot... your reminder is very appreciated!
    It's a good workaround for the use of a single library, since Finale saves multiple custom copies of HP preferences to recall on purpose.

But the problem is it makes impossible to use two different libraries in the same project and it won't make the auto-vibrato of Stradivari/Gofriller work. It was a well shaped combination of cc1 and aftertouch, generated and positioned in all the sustain notes, very good as a place holder and starting point for further edit. It was a real time saver for people like me still addicted to the Stradivari/Gofriller as solos or first chairs...

Crossing fingers to get MM back on the HP, I think it's the main advantage of Finale over competition, they shouldn't underestimate it.

Lightbulb Re: Finale 2014a is out... but Human Playback isn't fixed?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    "go into the instrument that you want to use"

How does one do that?
    Tom, the first parameter in the HP instrument technic editing window is the instrument: it allows you to select if the following instructions have to be used for all, or just a family (e.g. strings, woodwinds etc.) or a specific instrument (e.g. violin, cello etc.).

This process and the logic of it is very well described in the Finale on-line documentation: I recommend you run a search for "Human Playback". They use a better English than mine, and a lot of clear pictures

Go Back to forum