• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga piano with a mellow timbre?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Giga piano with a mellow timbre?

Check out Franky\'s C7 piano at http://www.vintaudio.com. It has a very nice mellow sound.

-- Martin

Originally posted by Worra:
    ... but this time we will take things a couple of steps further then when we did the White Grand.
    I can\'t tell you what at this stage, but I can promise you that it will be sensational!
    The piano will be recorded in March and target date for release will be later this summer.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ah! Could be one new thing the own piano´s \"Board resonance convolution technology\" for more realism?
    And speaking of that, I am expecting the postman one of these days to deliver the shipped White Grand. It would be nice to have the own Board resonance convolution data for it. Maybe in a next future?
    Somebody has reported that GigaPiano2 using this new tech has a spectacular presence and more close to the real thing. I have to hear it when a demo would be posted somewhere...
    Thanks,

Hi,

Check out Bardstownaudio.com Borsendorfer Imperial Grand Piano.. Plenty of MP3 Demos..A few are mine and others.

http://bardstownaudio.com/frames/mp3.html

More on my Website Below..

Alan Russell

Originally posted by Worra:
    I\'ll tell you a bit about the upcoming release.
    Working name, \"Black Grand\", (surprised...???)
    The instrument is a Steinway D that recently was bought by the concert hall of Örebro, Sweden.
    The instrument was new, but has been sitting for \"maturing\" for about 6 months, and have now been used for the first time in concert.
    Prior to recording, there will be a certified Steinway tech guy that\'s going to be flown in for intonation and final checking. A piano tuner will be available during the whole session to correct any eventual flaws.
    The piano is going to be recorded in a concert hall for the right ambience and we\'ll probably take 2-3 separate stereo pairs ranging from ambient to close. Same technique as for the White Grand will be used, that is our custom made digital recording system SLH.
    This means 32 different samples/note. 16 velocities up and 16 down + release samples, but this time we will take things a couple of steps further then when we did the White Grand.
    I can\'t tell you what at this stage, but I can promise you that it will be sensational!
    The piano will be recorded in March and target date for release will be later this summer.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Worra,

This all sounds VERY interesting. Would you say that this will be a darker and more mellow piano? (That\'s the type of sound I\'m after).

Regards,

Lawrence

Giga piano with a mellow timbre?

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some Gigastudio piano soundware. I\'m looking for a piano sound that has a mellow and rounded tone, unlike the bright and punchy timbre that seems to be the norm for piano samples.

I do like the Malmsjo library, though it\'s a bit more roomily mic\'ed than is ideal for my purposes, and the tuning scares me slightly. (I\'m worried about it staying in tune with other samples.) Are there any other options that people could point to?

According to Worra (SampleTekk) his next piano release will be something you\'re looking for.

------------
    Alex Cremers

I\'ll tell you a bit about the upcoming release.
    Working name, \"Black Grand\", (surprised...???)
    The instrument is a Steinway D that recently was bought by the concert hall of Örebro, Sweden.
    The instrument was new, but has been sitting for \"maturing\" for about 6 months, and have now been used for the first time in concert.
    Prior to recording, there will be a certified Steinway tech guy that\'s going to be flown in for intonation and final checking. A piano tuner will be available during the whole session to correct any eventual flaws.
    The piano is going to be recorded in a concert hall for the right ambience and we\'ll probably take 2-3 separate stereo pairs ranging from ambient to close. Same technique as for the White Grand will be used, that is our custom made digital recording system SLH.
    This means 32 different samples/note. 16 velocities up and 16 down + release samples, but this time we will take things a couple of steps further then when we did the White Grand.

... imediately 2 competition reactions! Good.
    Piano sampling world´s going up!

Go Back to forum