• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: BIG news from the Garritan booth at NAMM

Share/Bookmark

Re: BIG news from the Garritan booth at NAMM

That is neat, but I still cannot find anything that demonstrates how it sounds :-(

Hopefully, it will be soon.

A quick post. I've been keeping an eye on the new piano as well. I found this on you tube, it's a bit hard to really get an a good idea of it with all the background noise but it's worth a look.

Hopefully there will be some demo tracks at the Garritan site soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqs-Wgn_NqY
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Quote Originally Posted by yjoh View Post
    A quick post. I've been keeping an eye on the new piano as well. I found this on you tube...
    Hey, that's a fun clip! Thanks for posting it, yjoh.

The piano has gone through a lot "in house" testing, and now is being tested by a Beta team. Seems to me there should be some demos that can be publicly posted in the not too distant future.

Randy

I believe this is the MakMusic press release about the new Garritan Yamaha Concert Grand CFX piano.

MM states that this library is a step up for sampled piano technology.

Price is $259.95 for the download and $299.95 for the USB flash drive option.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...d#.UuU9CXmts18

Also

There is quite a story just with the Yamaha CFX piano as Yamaha purchased Bosendorfer and scientifically analyzed the Steinway piano to develop a superior piano of sound and action.

Hey!

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I believe this is the MakMusic press release about the new Garritan Yamaha Concert Grand CFX piano...
    Phil! Wow - It's been ages - Thanks for dropping by!-- And big thanks for finding that page about the piano - I hadn't seen it. That gives a great overview of the piano's development and the Garritan virtual version. Super!

Randy

Very surprising... this is a very competitive market, there are lots of piano sample libraries, great physical modeling stuff out there... There must be something very innovative in this product to justify its price tag.

I agree with brif. There are more than enough piano samples out there and good ones. Where are the solo STRINGS? Where are the Vocals? These would be more fitting for a music notation program company.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Question Re: BIG news from the Garritan booth at NAMM

MM states that this library is a step up for sampled piano technology.
    As the others I think it's hard to believe in the middle of the great products available today. I'll be happy to be surprised...

Price is $259.95 for the download and $299.95 for the USB flash drive option.
    Yes sounds a bit expensive compared with actual average market price for sampled pianos of great quality.

There is quite a story just with the Yamaha CFX piano as Yamaha purchased Bosendorfer and scientifically analyzed the Steinway piano to develop a superior piano of sound and action.
    Garritan has always been great in marketing samples of very special instruments (Stradivari, Gofriller, Steinway etc. etc.). By the way the fact Yamaha did a great job with the real one, doesn't give to samples the same advantage: the sampling and programming will make the difference, by far much more than the sampled piano model.

OK I must be missing something because I don't get it.

There is a history of single one-off products eg strad, gofriller, Steinway, that are short-lived and then no longer developed/sold/supported. Seems like there are problems with the partnership arrangements and doesn't leave a

Why would I buy another seemingly similar piano when the previous one was supposed to be the last classical piano you would ever need. There was to be a more jazz-oriented piano from memory, or was I wrong.

It just seems that the roadmap has gone completely out the window and now we have unexpected products. I know there were plans to record in Abbey road, but another classical piano?

Go Back to forum