• Register
  • Help

Topic: Octobans, Rototoms, Steel Mini Tymps etc..

Octobans, Rototoms, Steel Mini Tymps etc..

I was just wondering:
    is there any sampled library for:
    Rototoms, Octobans, Steel Mini Tymps, Gong Basses and Tymp Toms?

all these percussions would be a great add-on for any drum library...is there anything already out which I could purchase? any info appreciated

thanks in advance,

Re: Octobans, Rototoms, Steel Mini Tymps etc..

I kind of asked the same question in an indirect way a week ago or so. There is MUCH still not sampled in percussion, and I would like them all, heh heh. Roto toms were mentioned, but I would like those large diameter (timpani size) Rotos sampled, and if all the virtual orchestra types heard them, there would be a loud clamor of \"Yes! Yes! Get those sampled!\". Percussion seems to be growing in importance these days, so the more the better.

A refresher of what I wrote previously:
    \"...The Blade II movie DVD comes with a very interesting \"Extras\" disk. If you go to the \"Bloodpack Index\", then go to item 8 \"Vampire Nocturnes (The Music Score)\", there is a very lengthily segment featuring an interview with the composer, a three-way conversation between the director, composer and orchestrater, a few segments of an orchestra session, and a long recording section of orchestral percussion...
    I found the percussion session very interesting. I was impressed with how much space and room was in the percussion sounds, not unlike the g-town stuff. In particular I really liked the sound of the large diameter roto-toms (tampani sized). They also include a whole list of all percussion used and explanation of what they are. Find this list in the \"Branching Scene Index\", item 5.\"

gotta get that blade dvd! thats exactly the extra features we want

TOB, I mentioned previously that you in particular should see these extras! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum