• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO and Aria problem

Share/Bookmark

GPO and Aria problem

I was doing some housecleaning on my laptop and was not careful enough, so I must have deleted some parts of both GPO4 and Aria.
    All is still working fine after going through 15 "can't find log files", "Can not find ambience and effect). After I OK all of these, everything starts fine.
    I would like to re-install everything but afraid to uninstall without some good advise. I still have the Garritan .plg file, if that helps.
    Thanks, sorry for my stupidity...

Ted

Re: GPO and Aria problem

Adding to the problem. Since as I wrote down the messages I am getting at start up, the 25c fell in, and I checked the Aria player. Well, first of all, it looks different to what I am used to, kind of yellow and black not gray and black as before, the ambiance does not work on the Effects page, so I am down for good!
    Please advise.

Ted

Ow! I am not sure what is going on but I think a re-install sounds like it is needed. I think that can be done without messing with removing what you have but maybe others will recommend a fresh clean install. Sorry that I can't be any more helpful than that.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Tsk tsk tsk, Ted - Deleting files can be very risky, as per your problem. Sorry to hear about it! - Listen to Rich, you need to uninstall, then re-install. Be sure to finish off with using the most recent ARIA, available on the MM Downloads page. It'll be OK, won't even take that long. But check back in with us when you're set.

Randy

Thanks Rich and Randy, here I go, deleting and re installing, keeping my fingers and all other things crossed...

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Thanks Rich and Randy, here I go, deleting and re installing, keeping my fingers and all other things crossed...

Ted
    ---Do not Delete - Uninstall.

Randy

These are the pop-ups as I start either a scan or Sonar X1, after a (I believe) clean installation of freshly downloaded GPO-4 from MM, several times repeating messages:

Can't create log file in C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Roaming\Garritan\ARIA Player\ARIAPlayer VST_VstScan_Multi.log

Unable to create ARIA Log file in 00000000001269A8

Could not find effect:com.Garritan.Ambiance bank:-1 there surely exists an update for this product!

Can't create log file in C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Roaming\Garritan\ARIA Player\ARIA Player VST_BitBridge_Multi.Log

Unable to create ARIA log file in 0271F544

Ted (C)

(C= crazy)

...Could not find effect:com.Garritan.Ambiance bank:-1 there surely exists an update for this product!...)
    We've seen that particular error message reported several times, and it's been due to out-dated versions of ARIA. Have you also downloaded and installed the current ARIA available at MM's Download page?

Randy

Other observation:

After installing GPO ( and installed all offered), I have two ghostly conductor icons on my desktop, Aria Player x64, and Aria Player. Assuming they are stand-alone players. BOTH working as they should. The problem starts when run as VST.

Ted (CC)

C=Crazy or Confused

...After installing GPO ( and installed all offered), I have two ghostly conductor icons on my desktop, Aria Player x64, and Aria Player...
    There have always been two icons, if you ask for icons to be placed on your desk top. The first is 64 bit, the second is 32 bit.

--------"Have you also downloaded and installed the current ARIA available at MM's Download page?"

Randy

Go Back to forum