• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: A Milestone

A Milestone

Boys and Girls,

Tomorrow (January 30, 2014) I will reach the eighth decade of my life. That's a long time. I can even remember when there was no television, no Beatles and we hadn't even reached the moon yet. The idea of computers didn't exist, and on and on.

I joined this forum way back in 2004 and I have posted 6,873 times as of this date. I treasure the cyber-friendship of all of you talented people. Thank you for that.

I shall continue to compose music for as long as possible, perhaps until they pry my computer mouse out of my cold, dead hand.

My best to everyone.

Old Dude Larry
    Larry G. Alexander

Re: A Milestone

Right on Larry! Congratulations! Keep on going with the music. I am nearly on my third decade, but it feels like 6 decades!!! I was born into the beginning of the computer era. The good old MAC and word munchers at school. I will also continue to compose until the very end! I have always loved music in general. Cheers and happy birthday in advance!

Your stone cold frost bitten arctic Canadian frozen Eskimo friend who lives in an igloo,

Richard... EH!

Chandler, Arizona

Congrats, Larry! Making music keeps you young.

Happy Birthday!

Great to hear! Happy Birthday Larry!!!!

Congrats on the milestone as well...
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

As Jim said, "Music keeps you young;" and, it does. You have been a highly-respected member of this Forum for a long time. I remember, because I jumped on this bandwagon along with you in 2004. Along the way, you have produced a wealth of musical scores which have provided musical pleasure for those that were fortunate enough to listen. You have also been a very prolific composer much to the amazement our entire membership; so, I can honestly say that your participation and your music has made this Forum an overwhelming success. May you live a lot longer to impress us along the way.

A very happy 80th birthday, Larry.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Yes, it is a milestone, but I am sure you have your sights set on other ones down the road - and rightly so!

Stay well, keep on writing music, and make sure that you DO have too much fun!

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

Happy Birthday, Larry G.

Caution: the greetings contains frequent jazz-like sixth chords

Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Suburban NYC

What can I say, Larry?

The sun comes out in the morn, and the moon pops up at night ... and when I come to this forum ... a beloved forum ... I've grown so accustomed to hearing one of your offerings, I've just come to expect it. I'm sure for many of us, your music and genial wit is one of the enticing and enduring factors why we keep coming back for more.

THANK YOU for sharing not only your enormous and prolific talent, but more importantly, your soul as a human being. I'm honored and privileged to share music at this site with you and have learned so much by listening to what you have posted over the years. A Happy and Healthy 80th Birthday, Mr. Larry, Texas-Ranger-Fan-To-The-Core, and many, many more years of just being Larry! God Bless.

Frank D'Erasmo
    FABD Music - Arrangements-Orchestrations
    All Styles ... Specializing in Jazz, Theater, Latin & Pop

Garritan JaBB, GPO, CoMB, World, GAS, Stradivari Violin & GigaStudio. Sonar X2 Producer, Pro Tools, Performer & Finale.

Elderly gentleman(!),

A suitable ripost I feel from someone for whom the 7th decade looms ever closer.
    It's certainly a long time since I was referred to as "a boy".
    Although "young man" has been used in the not too distant past by my father in law, for whom the 8th decade was half completed.

Let me take the opportunity to wish you a Very Happy Birthday and many happy returns of the day.

Kindest regards,
    Author of MIDI tutorials at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi

Wow! How cool this is!

Thanks, my dear friends, for all of your uplifting messages. I really appreciate it.

I hope that all good things come to each of you.

My best regards,

Old Larry
    Larry G. Alexander

Go Back to forum