• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lost Innocents

Share/Bookmark

Lost Innocents

This year we celebrate 100years of World War, what a wonderful indictment of humanity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ov8B...ature=youtu.be

Re: Lost Innocents

Peter! The music is definitely fitting for the images. I always get kind of bummed out on war images though. So many takes of war aftermaths have been posted everywhere and I have kind of had my fill of it. In spite of the subject matter, your music is very nice. The feel and the render came off very well for me. Thanks for the posting of your music. Jay.

Peter:

Why people accept the horror war puts on them?
    Why do they accept the reasons poured out for them, justifying what money and power did to innocents?
    Why don't we stop them?
    Why can't people understand that the countries of the enemies of their country had been invaded, destroyed, raped by their glorious army in the name of bringing them "democracy"?
    The victims are children and their parents,even if they resist, attack and hate their invaders.
    Your music is the cry of the children. The killings and destruction continues and the money and power is getting more and more concentrated.
    I hate war, and believe that any war is a shame on human intelligence.
    Thanks for your music.

Ted

Peter:

I beg your pardon. You posted your music for what it is, and for the sorrow you feel for the innocents.
    I, on the other hand, did the wrong thing, venting my anger at war, and especially wars going on right now. Over 100 people looked at this tread, and, so far, nobody had the inkling to comment.
    Maybe because of my blurb, they are expecting that the CIA or FBI or Homeland security will watch and do something to stop this kind of left wing piece activity.
    I should not have done this, to deduct from your beautiful work by scaring people away.
    So, I apologize.But still maintain my opinion on the subject of war.

Ted

No need to apologise Ted, I agree with you completely.

Music is not merely a pattern of sounds or even merely an aural representation of self-expression; it is also a moral and ethical power. Music is as natural mode of expression as speech itself and to ignore this is to stunt and curtail our common humanity. It is as capable of noble use or misuse as any other of the arts, we are traitors to the law of beauty if we sacrifice this distinction to trivial enjoyment or pass it through indolence or inattention. Music is as truly a language as any tongue that man has ever spoken, infinitely much more subtle and delicate, capable of infinite extension and development, but nonetheless based on profound psychological laws and on enduring principles of styles and construction.
    The musician is bound by no laws except that of the human soul, his work stands in no necessary relation to the phenomenal world but has already passed beyond.

Regards

Peter

Haunting and beautiful, Peter. Re: your text at YT - God doesn't forgive us for making war. It's part of the human condition which has always been part of us and always will be. No amount of begging for forgiveness changes anything.

Randy

I do not wish to chew on this longer, but I just respectfully disagree with Randy.
    It is obvious that there were always wars. Also, there was Inquisition, racial discrimination, treatment of woman, Hitler, Stalin etc. and humanity corrected it. So, the abomination of war will be, in the future, eliminated and people of that generation will look back at our times as we look at the stone age now...
    Have faith in the human brain.

Ted

Thumbs up Re: Lost Innocents

Moving and emotional... well done.

About war... no words. (Love and peace instead...)

There's never an excuse for war... But there's never an excuse for music as well. Two entirely different things...

Music about war, music to support war, music to forget war, music to remember war (and its horror)...

That music can either be descriptive, accompanying images (as it is here), supporting (the many German war marches sung by the German soldiers), abusive (to make people forget or love war)...

Some music simply must be written and played. What you did here is absolutely fine. The images kick our conscience and point at the dehumanised side of societies. Some well chosen sounds may accentuate the tough process and the remembrances.

At this very moment, there a brand new series on on the Flemish television, called 'In Flanders Fields' about WW I. The pianist and young composer Jef Neve has written a perfect score to the film. His pallet covers all the aspects of a war, caught in catching musical phrases en effects. The best film music I've heard in decades. I hope they will publish the soundtrack one day!

Congratulations with your music!

Max

Go Back to forum