• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hi, new Garritan user

Share/Bookmark

Re: Hi, new Garritan user

Looks I am the first to welcome you, so, you are welcome! Good arrangement, very interesting walz, hope to hear more of yours!

Ted

Thank you, Ted. I have been over at the new Garritan forum where Randy Bowser and Michael B have been helping me. A bunch of fine fellows in the forum. As you can imagine, learning finale and garritan libraries have kept me pretty busy, but I plan on reading the vast amount of knowledge that is kept here at northern sounds. Again thanks for listening to my little piece, and best of luck.
    Steve Wisnoski

Quote Originally Posted by stevewisnoski View Post
    Welcome to the Garritan forum - great to meet another fellow user. Interesting first piece of music - interesting style changes. Hope you will come back and post often. Even though your post says the track is not available, I found that it played easily.

Hello Mr. Davis, and thank you for listening. This forum has a lot of very smart people and I will indeed be posting more in time. The amount of information is staggering, and I find using vsti software a new avenue in my career. best of luck to you.
    Steve Wisnoski

Welcome Steve! This has quite a different sound to it. What libraries did you use for this. I think this is an interesting post. Thanks for sharing. Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    Welcome Steve! This has quite a different sound to it. What libraries did you use for this. I think this is an interesting post. Thanks for sharing. Jay
    Hi Jay, thanks for the nice comment. I used Garritan personal orchestra 4 and finale 2011 print music. I enjoyed using the tubular bells, and glass armonica on this one. I am really enjoying using Makemusic products, have been studying it for 3 months, and owe a debt of gratitude to Rbowser and Michael B over in the new Garritan forum for help and guidance. Good luck.
    Steve Wisnoski

Hi, Steve! Thanks for coming on over here, and bringing this really interesting piece along with you. Clicking the link on your post does bring the SoundCloud page up, but something went wrong with the way the player was linked so it's not working. No biggie.

Two Garritan Forums for the price of one! Best deal around.

Thanks again, Steve.

Randy

Thumbs up Re: Hi, new Garritan user

Wellcome! And nice pice... just a bit dry maybe (missing a bit of reverb in some point), but it's just a matter of taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Wellcome! And nice pice... just a bit dry maybe (missing a bit of reverb in some point), but it's just a matter of taste.
    thanks, Fabio ! As far as reverb, I am liking film score space in the convoluted reverb. I think this used all 24 staves, and to my ears, anything more that about 10 o'clock on the send mixing knob sounds too wet. I am experimenting and trying to learn makemusic products. Good luck.
    Steve Wisnoski

Go Back to forum