• Register
  • Help

Topic: Format cross grade

Share/Bookmark

Format cross grade

Howdy,
    I currently own Advanced Orch (Full Set) for E-mu (EOS). Does anyone know if eastwest offers a format crossgrade? If so how much? And is there any reason for me to crossgrade if I get Chicken Systems Translator app?

Thanks

Re: Format cross grade

Originally posted by shadowbox:
    Howdy,
    I currently own Advanced Orch (Full Set) for E-mu (EOS). Does anyone know if eastwest offers a format crossgrade? If so how much? And is there any reason for me to crossgrade if I get Chicken Systems Translator app?

Thanks
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Shadowbox

I\'ve not had any luck converting EOS libraries to Giga with Translator. In fairness I\'ve only tried Interactive Drum Kits and Snares and QL Brass but both were unusable after conversion. Chicken Systems say they\'ve found some of the problems and a fix is forthcoming but I wasn\'t going to hang around. Unless you hear that someone has converted AO successfully I wouldn\'t chance it myself. I should say Translator has done a great job of converting my Akai libraries.

I would definitely try contacting Best Service in Germany about converting AO to Giga. They recently converted my Total Piano CD-ROM from Emu to Giga for 25 euros (about $25) and that included shipping! (I didn\'t buy it from them BTW.)

Originally posted by shadowbox:
    Howdy,

Thanks
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">We are currently offering a crossgrade to the Giga format of AO for $75. This is a great deal because the Giga version also includes some additional strings, and many new features.

You would not get these features with a conversion.

Please contact kim@eastwestsounds.com for more details.

All the best,

Doug Rogers
    EASTWEST

Originally posted by dougrogers:
    We are currently offering a crossgrade to the Giga format of AO for $75. This is a great deal because the Giga version also includes AO Upgrade and many new features.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Great news! Thank you

jkrans

Originally posted by dougrogers:

We are currently offering a crossgrade to the Giga format of AO for $75. This is a great deal because the Giga version also includes AO Upgrade and many new features.

All the best,

Doug Rogers
    EASTWEST[/QB]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Doug,

You mentioned that the AO GIGA version includes the AO upgrade, so does that mean it includes the single harp notes found on the upgrade 97 CD as well?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Originally posted by jkrans:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by dougrogers:

All the best,

Doug Rogers
    EASTWEST
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Doug,

You mentioned that the AO GIGA version includes the AO upgrade, so does that mean it includes the single harp notes found on the upgrade 97 CD as well?

Thanks,
    Jeff[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">These are not included. The Giga version includes some additional strings, not the entire upgrade. I have corrected my original post to reflect this.

All the best,

Doug Rogers
    EASTWEST

Go Back to forum