• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio and memory

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio and memory

I am unable to load any instruments into Gigastudio 160 beyond the 65or-so memory mark. Doesn\'t matter if the instruments are large or small. As soon as I reach this point, Giga claims it can\'t allocate enough memory for any further instrument loads.

I\'ve heard there are system tweaks one can make to XP to address this problem. I certainly would like to exploit the rest of my system\'s memory if I can! Can anyone offer any advice?

For reference, I\'m on an XP Dell machine with 1.5 gigs of RAM. Thanks in advance!

Mike

Re: Gigastudio and memory

Mike,

Try searching the forums here for XP and Memory. There is a plethora of discussion about how Gigastudio and XP address memory.

SWL

Some tweaks can be found here:
    http://henningson.triona.se/musikbanken/gigastudio/

Be aware that even if tweaks are used some can\'t load nearly to the 100% mark on certain machines for a yet unknown reason. Upcoming GS3 is supposed to have RAM managment fixed a bit.

Hansi

You\'ve hit the 1 GB limit for Giga in Windows XP. I believe a few people may have gotten slightly over this but they had to have like 3 GB of RAM in their machines.

BTW, even the new Giga 3 will only be able to use 1.5 GB of RAM.

You\'ve hit the 1 GB limit for Giga in Windows XP. I believe a few people may have gotten slightly over this but they had to have like 3 GB of RAM in their machines.

BTW, even the new Giga 3 will only be able to use 1.5 GB of RAM.

If you install 2GB (not 3) you can load just over 1GB of samples in a tweaked Giga machine with its indicator maxing out at about 97%.

Go Back to forum