• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: J.S. Bach - Badinerie (Suite n.2 in B minor)

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb J.S. Bach - Badinerie (Suite n.2 in B minor)

I love sharing with you my work-in-progress projects, I always collect interesting point of view.

Here the last one (pretty challenging to find the right ambience for it):

Badinerie (updated)

Cheers,
    Fabio

VSL Dimension Strings: 3 VI, 3VII, 2Vlas, 2Cellos, 1 DBass
    Custom Harpsichord, prototype Flute
    MIR Pro24 Schubert Saal

Re: J.S. Bach - Badinerie (Suite n.2 in B minor)

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    I love sharing with you my work-in-progress projects, I always collect interesting point of view.

Badinerie

Cheers,
    Fabio

MIR Pro24 Schubert Saal
    What is custom harpsichord and prototype flute? Are you making your own samples now?

Anywho... this piece has always been one of my favorite chamber pieces. Have you ever tried to play this piece on trumpet? I have, and it 'bout killed me, Lol. Anyways, sounded great but I will let others tell you about the technical end of things. Give that flute player a cookie. She deserves it.

Cool Re: J.S. Bach - Badinerie (Suite n.2 in B minor)

Yes she does!

Custom harpsichord is my reprogramming in Kontakt of some samples I own by SampleTech and Historic Keyboards to improve articulation and sound.

The Flute is not mine at all... I'm just beta tester and demo maker for some producers (I've been for Garritan as well, in glorious past time ).

Wherever the flute comes from, it sounds just great. The articulations are very convincing. I enjoyed this rendition.
    Thanks for posting. Jay

Perfection, as always. What a beauty!
    I still have some friends who are electro-phobic, I will use this to fool them into believing in the power of electronically produced music: BY EXPERTS, like you.
    Thanks...

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post

Badinerie

Cheers,
    Fabio

MIR Pro24 Schubert Saal
    Simply lovely, Fabio, light, airy, crystal clear. I personally have no quibble with the ambiance as you currently have it. I was straining to hear if I could detect the harpsichord - It's there, rather subliminally giving the strings some bite, but I'm not positive I would have known it was there if I hadn't seen your instrumentation list. I'm not sure if the flute needs to be quite so predominant? It's the lead, but its support is rather distant and shy.

Sounding very nice though, Fab!

Randy

Cool Re: J.S. Bach - Badinerie (Suite n.2 in B minor)

Thankyou Jay and Ted for the kind words... (my mother is electrophobic too... I fool her sometime with fakes and she had to admit she can't say animore what is MIDI and what is not ahah)

Randy actually you are 100% right!

The need of keeping the Harpsichord down is coming from the high frequencies, which cover the noise component of the flute I must show, if I make it play louder. Same for the balance solo/orchestra: this type of prominence of the flute exists in some records, and of course it's artificially produced by mic-ing the flute close.

I replicate it just because it's a Flute test, otherwise i would make it more in a concert-like balance, I love most, where flute and violins are melt in a nice texture.

Love it! Great attention to detail as regards the nuances of the flute.

I have one small suggestion: You might try making the very first note of the flute more staccato and a little accent, and all other corresponding notes the same (1st notes of each beat for that pattern). It would give it more rhythmic drive and sound a little more flute-like.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your hard work on this.

Best wishes,
    Owen
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

.... and now it is bedtime..... nicely done. Thanks.

Raymond

Smile Re: J.S. Bach - Badinerie (Suite n.2 in B minor)

Hi Owen I think you are right, I keep them a bit too soft, to avoid eccessive blow noise... but in the final mix the accents are too mellow, and I changed them in my final release. Thanks for feedback.

And now it's morning Raymond, then I will spend a bit of time with our music

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast