• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Alan's New GPO Skin #1

Share/Bookmark

Alan\'s New GPO Skin #1

I call it #1 because I plan on posting a couple over the next week or so...

Make sure to play with the faders and knobs!

http://www.alanjoseph.com/GPOskin01.htm

Let\'s truely make this OUR orchestra... throw your ideas at me, in this thread, or through e-mail and we will ALL build this for ourselves.

Here\'s your chance to truely have your own orchestra, your composition, your look, your feel!

Enjoy...

Re: Alan\'s New GPO Skin #1

VERY COOL!

Is this for real?!?

Originally posted by esperlad:
    Is this for real?!?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It\'s something I\'m working on... if you guys, NI and Gary are happy with them... maybe?

Enjoy the faders esperlad? I know you were asking for them...

Ummm, but this is just a Flash page ?!@?#!@?$

It would be tons of work for NI to implement such a thing, faders are more than a Flash widget ;-)

Looks great! But i hope NI focuses all their energy on the DFD engine, not cute-sy interfaces.

I generally don\'t like \"physical metaphors\" in user interface design - they are often just too clumsy to operate and they bypass quicker ways (e.g. keyboard control) for operating the software.

Good example: try to operate Windows Media Player from the keyboard [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] All fancy graphics, but no adherence to the Windows GUI standard...

Sorry Alan, but I think this makes absolutely NO sense at all for making music and it only distracts. An interface without graphics and 3D effects will probably take up 20-50 % of this version.

For me this is a very important reason NOT to buy Romplers like GPO and EWQLSO.

I really hope that GS3 will have a more \"grown up\" user interface than versions 2.x. If GS3 won\'t, then I am sure LinuxSampler will have yet another opportunity for scoring in the usability category.

Originally posted by PeterRoos:

I really hope that GS3...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Please no GS3 crap in here...

I agree with you usually about the \"physical\" looking GUI\'s on software that you need to continuously be making changes to...

However, there were requests for faders and once I have a setting set in GPO I usually don\'t mess with it too much, I mess with Cubase. So, balancing making this both look nice and tweakable was my main goal.

Originally posted by Alan Lastufka:
    Please no GS3 crap in here...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">OK, let\'s have some GPO interface crap then

I think the skin is great, maybe the faders are a bit too huge to me... anyway, as it has been mentioned, I\'d only use it if it does not suppose a higher use of ram or cpu, but the fader and panning seemed like a great idea, maybe a more conventional approach with just adding very conventional faders and panning could do...

Regards

Go Back to forum