• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and Protools HD G5

GPO and Protools HD G5

Anyone been using GPO Rtas on a Protools HD G5? I\'m wondering if there are any operating issues I need to be aware of before taking the plunge..Do you think GPO will run off of the Protools System (Not Audio) Drive or will I have to get an external HD to track and sequence in Protools?

Re: GPO and Protools HD G5

I am on Win XP with an HD3 Accel system, using 3 internal, IDE drives. One for OS/System/Apps, 1 for Audio only, and one for samples only.

The GPO Kontakt Player does not utilize DFD, it uses RAM. So, the disk plays less of a part (none?).

Pro Tools (especially TDM) *requires* a seperate drive for audio. SCSI is suggested, but the app gives out before my system does with my current hardware config [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I would suggest at least 1G ram, 2G would be really nice, especially if you plan to use more than GPO, or just like some \"headroom\" memory-wise.

Anyone know how it runs on a G5?

Since the G5 only takes two internal hard drives, I assume I\'ll have to put GPO on an external one...Do any of you guys know what would be an appropriate external HD to use? Thanks..

Well, your choices are to put the drive in a FW800 or FW400 case, of course. I think pretty much any decent ATA100 drive should do the job equally well. Generally the longer the warranty, the better the drive. I like Western Digital as a company.

Go Back to forum