• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: "Garage Band"

Share/Bookmark

"Garage Band"

I just saw a tech segment about Apple\'s \"Garage Band.\"

According to the reporter, it\'s the most astounding music innovation to come along...ever.

Acid has been around for HOW many years?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: "Garage Band"

Note to self: Always wear black mock turtlenecks and jeans when lying to press about your new technologies.

It´s nothing uncommon. It doesn´t matter if Intel introduce a new chip, Microsoft a new OS or Apple a new program - it´s always so good, no in fact the best ever !! Apple is no better than the other but no worse either.
    Bruce, I like you a lot man, but why do you hate Apple so much ?

Best
    Holger

If a technology reporter only relies on a corporate press release for a story, your problem should be with the reporter, not the company.

And since when did Mr. Gates start wearing black mock turtlenecks? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I have to jump to Steve Jobs defense on this one, I respect the man and respect him even more after his decision to cut ties with Disney yesterday.

Here is goes:

You guys are missing the point, sure the underlying technology has been around for a while, but it has never before been so at the reach of the everyday computer user. Garageband has done something that has been very difficult to accomplish for everyone else, it has brought high end quality in music production to the masses. This is Apple\'s greatest achievement, not necessarily invention since lots of their technology is derived from others, but their ability of bringing advanced applications to the average users. Before iMovie, iDVD and Garageband, these things were out of reach for people like my mom, now thanks to Apple everyone (with a Mac) can play.

Yep, the point is being missed. He is essentially giving away this great technology to further advance the creativity for future generations. And to maybe STANDARDIZE a computer making solution for consumers/hobbyist. Is that a bad thing ?

Frankly, there are not enough standards in this business, and too many pop-up businesses ... i want ROCK SOLID tools, not poorly supported, \'after-thought\' pieces of software, with pretty GUI\'s.

He has great vision (hence the reason he is still around) ... sure, he has cut a few throats along the way, but i think it is to only bring better, more reliable products to his customers.

SWL

Yes, i find it so hilarious that Bruce doesnt support Apple, it is almost a contradiction to his convictions. ;-)

Come on, they are a great company that has served creativity since day one. Bill Gates is more concerned about providing tools to masses of drones sitting in cubicals. He care NOTHING for creativity. Yet you support the MS platform ...

Not to mention, Apple has never implemented a CP sceme other than a serial. The Logic dongle was not his invention, and i suspect that later versions of Logic will not have a dongle.

Even $10,000 programs like Shake have nothing more than a site license.

Anyhow ... i grew up on Apple computers, and only turned to PC\'s because of Gigastudio. When the technology for macs, matches that of Gigastudio. I will never touch a PC.

SWL

Originally posted by SWL:
    Yes, i find it so hilarious that Bruce doesnt support Apple, it is almost a contradiction to his convictions. ;-)

Anyhow ... i grew up on Apple computers, and only turned to PC\'s because of Gigastudio. When the technology for macs, matches that of Gigastudio. I will never touch a PC.

SWL
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Amen brother, preach it!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rick

Ever read the book \"Accidental Millionaire\"? Steve jobs is a boob who lucked out. He stood on the shoulders of giants (Wozniak) and now tries to come across as the second coming. Read the book. As far as garage band goes, who cares?

Darren Gates

(and Bruce that WAS very funny!)

Originally posted by dpasdernick:
    Ever read the book \"Accidental Millionaire\"? Steve jobs is a boob who lucked out. He stood on the shoulders of giants (Wozniak) and now tries to come across as the second coming. Read the book. As far as garage band goes, who cares?

Darren Gates

(and Bruce that WAS very funny!)
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Right ....... Wozniak, is not complaining, he is well off also.

Now, let\'s see, who\'s shoulders was Bill Gates standing on ....

Accidental or not ..... what APPLE does is a great service to creatives everywhere.

And what they are doing with Garage Band/iPod/iTunes is REVOLUTIONARY! And Gates is left with nothing to do but \'copy\' that model (once again).

SWL

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast