• Register
  • Help

Topic: coughs, chairs, page turns, ect...

Share/Bookmark

coughs, chairs, page turns, ect...

Where can I find these kind of samples, particularly in an orchestra setting? I know it\'s been discussed a little bit before (I did search around a bit)... I just haven\'t really found anything useful.

What sample library includes things like breath noises on brass/woodwinds? You know, where the player breathes in to catch their breath in between sentences.. Stuff like that....

I do know VSL offers key/fingering noises and the NDB Pipe Organ has things like bench squeaks, but if their is a dedicated library just for general noises that might be really interesting.

Re: coughs, chairs, page turns, ect...

This is probably way too easy an answer, but why not just record yourself taking a quick breath in and insert it into your pieces? That\'s exactly how it would sound if the sample devloper did it...
    -Hudson

Originally posted by yannitch:
    Where can I find these kind of samples, particularly in an orchestra setting? I know it\'s been discussed a little bit before (I did search around a bit)... I just haven\'t really found anything useful.

What sample library includes things like breath noises on brass/woodwinds? You know, where the player breathes in to catch their breath in between sentences.. Stuff like that....

I do know VSL offers key/fingering noises and the NDB Pipe Organ has things like bench squeaks, but if their is a dedicated library just for general noises that might be really interesting.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Re: coughs, chairs, page turns, ect...

I had posted free wav files of just that called, Scoring Noise.

I no longer have it but if you ask around you may find it. I think there are many at the DSSoundWare forum that had downloaded it off my old server.

Go Back to forum