• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: VSL at its best

Share/Bookmark

VSL at its best

Felt like sharing this link, excerpt from Kuno Schmid work.

Great stuff [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Human Pulse

Re: VSL at its best

Wow! Cool stuff that no other sample library can do.
    I like the soundstage too. Awesome.

Kuno is a man (I presume a man) after my own heart. From what I\'ve heard so far, Schmid is carrying on something of the tradition of Jazz-orchestral fusion much beloved by guys like Jerry Fielding, Claus Ogerman and Michel Legrand. Beautiful, sexy, sound, that. Very purely dramatic too.

Kuno, if you\'re monitoring, I hope you get a ton of work!

Heath

Whoa! It\'s like diving into an ocean of samples! VSL must be a composer\'s paradise! I can\'t wait to have all the dough to afford \'em high-end libs!

Wonderful music indeed! Kuno is trully gifted!

wow

Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    Wow! Cool stuff that no other sample library can do.
    I like the soundstage too. Awesome.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">are you trying to make up for diva!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

just joking(dont take it seriously)

your ewqlso is really great..... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Amazing [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

No doubt about it. Kuno is great! In fact, he\'s so good that a few shortcomings are exposed.
    Listening to \"Ways of Truth\" I noticed a couple of things. I\'m really impressed with the strings and clarinet. I don\'t think it gets any better than this. The same goes for other instruments like the flute and solo French horn. However, it\'s the oboe and bassoon I\'m less impressed with. The VSL oboe is absolutely not suited for giving a dreamy lyrical expression. Listening to Kuno\'s piece made me aware of that again. VSL is planning to release a more typical oboe but, in my opinion, that should\'ve happened before they made Opus 1.
    This time the bassoon had the same effect on me. Every note has a slightly accentuated attack (just like the oboe) which tells me the articulation Kuno has choses might not be the best choice for this particular type of music, or maybe, a better suited bassoon was not at hand. I\'m sure for other styles this bassoon could very well be perfect.
    Of course, this has nothing to do with Kuno\'s quality as a composer and performer, which are first-rate, to say the least.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Woah!!!

Such great writing...

and, nothing else comes close to VSL strings.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Really amazing composition..

Alex

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    However, it\'s the oboe and bassoon I\'m less impressed with.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Can\'t agree with you there, the legato bassoon is absolutely stunning.

The oboe is another matter. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum