• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: First piece using Diva

First piece using Diva

Hi all, here\'s my first piece using Diva. I\'m waiting for Diva X so I\'m using the first version of Diva.

The piano was included with kontakt.

The double-bass pizz. is from GOS lite.

Please let me know what you think about the song and my use of Diva.

Re: First piece using Diva

Craig, I\'m sure that I\'ll create another arrangement of this song - I\'m quite pleased with it. I just wrote it today so I\'m going to think of some bigger arrangement too, maybe with GPO when I get my hands on it.

Anyway, thanks for your comments and advice. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Btw. if any lyric writer read this, I\'m looking for text for this song! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Regarding the noise, could it be because I needed to Normalize it in Cooledit? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Could be. Sounds like DATA noise or something.

song is cool, but the mix is really dull. also i think it has nothing to do with the encoder, i used lame encoder for all my mixes, so thats not the problem. which soundcard you use and how you edit the song after finishing the instruments and vocals. i mean, put you eq on it or leave just everthing like it is ???

as for the use of diva, i heard a lot of diva demos but some users don\'t seem to realize that a person can not sing with two voices at the same time. i mean if there is not a legato tool or something out, why don\'t you crossfade the sample and check that the samples not overlapü too strong. it sounds completely unreal. just my critic.

also normalizing is not a problem, it\'s just several points, so did you bounce the piano or stuff externally, means from gigastudio back into the sequencer or from any other sounddevice.
    also i hear kind of a feedback in the back and it all the time happens when the diva is singing, so i guess you did some really bad bouncing error or just left the original output open and the signal got a feedback.

so i would read or check some bouncing features and how you use your hardware, because this feedback stuff should not happen anyway.

i wonder nobody hears and realized this so far.

Again, all awesome suggestions!!

Small side note: DIVA is TWO soloists, not one.

Here is an example of great legato effect and two voices:

I still dig what Falcon has done [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That was great, Francis. Very realistic. What exactly did I hear in this demo? Diva 1? Legato what? Extended?

Alex Cremers

\"I still dig what Falcon has done\"

me too, don\'t get me wrong, francis. but he used one singer but he overlapped the samples. means when one sample ends, the next one is coming too early. sou you have kind of an overlap and when the mouth produces vocals, one person can just sing one note at a time.

i don\'t think there are two divas singing in exchange on falcons demo [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The demo you hear by Daniel Moy is DIVA Classical Female Soloists GIGA ver1.1 - right out of the box.

He just \"tweaked\" the start times with MIDI and etc.

Yes, I agree - sounds like just one chic and not two [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Oh man - did I just call them chics? LOL

PS. Falcon, don\'t get me wrong - the music you composed is beautiful man and I think you did a great job with diva for the time you have had it.

hehe, you saw them during the session, not we [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast