• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Skins!

Re: GPO Skins!

Sorry. I see that I selected POST NEW and not REPLY.

I agree on the \"Bad ***\" graphics. I\'d like to see someone go for functionality and originality. Something totally different. Think, \"why does this button have to look like a physical button?\" How about instead of a keyboard using the buttons from an accordion? Its super retro!

I gotta admit though, you don\'t see too many pink synths out there.

I gotta admit though, you don\'t see too many pink synths out there.

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Okay... as far as I know you are not able to lay \'skins\' on kontakt/kompakt programs, right?

Currently Aaron, no, and if we all sail a little farther, we are going to fall off the end of the world, right? Nothing ever changes until someone tries something that hasn\'t been tried before...

Gary had the idea to do skins and wanted to know what you guys thought of that. Most on the Garritan forum responded positively, so he asked me to work on a couple.

I ask you guys what you want to see as far as a skin goes, get almost no responses as far as idea go, so I make my own up, trying to cover the different areas that I think GPO users would find interesting or useful.

The first one I did was very earth-tone and neutral... boring.

Number two I did while working on the Beethoven Moonlight Sonata demo now posted over on the Garritan forum. So I was persuaded by that piece, which I was told was a piece he wrote and played for his lady-friend outside of her window for her. This gave me the inspiration for the romantic skin... because I sure as hell hasn\'t getting ANY ideas from you guys on what you wanted to see...

So, the new skin is \"gay\", hence I removed it, I did NOT spend five-six hours working hard on this for a bunch of people to blow it off with one-line responses.

If you don\'t like it, beautiful... then tell me what you would want and that is what I will work on next, but with no direction, it seems I am bound to fall of the end of the earth, which seems to be what happened with #2, the only person with anything nice to say was Gary, and I have a feeling he was only being kind so I would finish numbers 3-5, in hopes they were better.

If we, as a group, can come up with enough decent attractive skins, Gary was going to take them to NI and see if they could be programmed, hence, Kontakt would then be \'skinnable\'...

Alan, i think you have too much time on your hands.

Actually SWL, I have no time, I work full time as a teacher and attend evening classes full time.

Luckily, I am in class for Flash MX right now and can do these as classroom assignments during our lab time.

Killing two birds with one stone.

Alan, if ONE negative response makes you run away, than don\'t post anything that you created. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Songs included. I\'ve posted pieces here that I\'ve worked on for tens of hours, only to be smashed by people here. If you\'re not ready to take blunt negative comments, than all you\'re really asking is for an ego-boost. Keep in mind there are members in this forum who you\'ll grow to not take seriously as well.

Back to the skins - I\'d ask kompakt first if they\'re even open to the idea of skins. Spending 5-6 hours on something in hopes that it could be usable is... hmmm. If people on the forum don\'t care to give ideas, than that\'s probably saying something.

No, Aaron, ONE negative response doesn\'t send me running, but a string of them sends me rethinking why I might want to \'waste\' my time.

I\'ve asked for constructive critisism to make the skins better... replies like \"I would be embarrassed to use this\" does NOT help...

OMG....you are actualy very serious about this?

Are you a graphic designer or any kind of graphic artists, so thats why this is so important?

Go Back to forum