• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Clarinet Study Number Six"

Share/Bookmark

"Clarinet Study Number Six"

Y'all,

I last posted this work on the forum nine years ago.

Here is my "Clarinet Study Number Six". As written, it would be impossible to perform. I didn't leave enough breathing room for the clarinet dude. As the Emperor is alleged to have said to Mozart, "...too many notes."

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...netStudy06.mp3

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Clarinet Study Number Six"

Good evening Mister L,

It's 18.30 here while listening to your very enjoyable study. I guess a lot of clarinet students would like such amusing studies...

As to the breathing, I think it's quite well possible with a reanimation team in the back of the classroom. I know a clarinet player in my region (first clarinet in the navy's band) who has a breath length to play almost 2 minutes. There's enough space between phrases to have a quick breath.

Please, write some more of that.

Max

Re: "Clarinet Study Number Six"

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Good evening Mister L,

It's 18.30 here while listening to your very enjoyable study. I guess a lot of clarinet students would like such amusing studies...

As to the breathing, I think it's quite well possible with a reanimation team in the back of the classroom. I know a clarinet player in my region (first clarinet in the navy's band) who has a breath length to play almost 2 minutes. There's enough space between phrases to have a quick breath.

Please, write some more of that.

Max
    Mister M,

Thanks for taking the time to give "...Study..." a listen.

I have written perhaps fifty or so works for solo clarinet through the many years. I have "digitized" only a few of them. Many are still on manuscript paper.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum