• Register
  • Help

Topic: msgsvr32 - What is it & why does it fail to load

Share/Bookmark

msgsvr32 - What is it & why does it fail to load

Can anyone explain what msgsvr32 is? I think it might be a low level syth driver for GStudio? Loads up as a mem resident prog when Win98 boots up...

Also, is there a way to manually launch this once already in windows (assuming it hasnt loaded correctly - see below)?

I find that usually following a crash/lock up/blue screen etc, when I reboot windows I get a message saying msgsvr32 falied etc.. click close or ignore.. Only way out is to click ignore (twice), windows then continues to boot up normally... but then if I want to lauch GStudio I have to REBOOT completely for msgsvr32 to reload and thus GStudio to work.

Id appreciate any help - thanks..

Re: msgsvr32 - What is it & why does it fail to load

I think you\'re right. That file seems to be at the heart of Gigasampler, and anything that screws it up forces a system reboot - usually in the most unpleasant way possible - the big button.

Hmmmmmmm. I think you may be referring to MSG32, the GSt component that loads on boot. MSGSRV32 is a component (Windows 32-bit Message Server) of Windows that performs several background functions. Things like:

* Load installable Windows drivers at startup and unload them at shutdown.

* Run the shell program (usually explorer.exe) and re-run the shell if it fails to respond.

* Mediate Plug and Play messages among various parts of the operating system.

* Coordinate automatic responses to Setup programs. This includes checking whether a Setup program has improperly overwritten Windows files, and optionally restoring the Windows versions of those files.

* Display the initial logon dialog box if networking is enabled.

* Play the system startup and shutdown sounds.

Somebody from Nemesys would have to provide info on what MSG32 does.

Steve Mitchell
    The Classical MIDI Resource
    The CMR Players

It`s happend to me once in a while.So far i don`t think that somebody have a solution for this msgvr32.Am i right?

Have you installed the latest version of Gigastudio, 2.01.26? I haven\'t had any MSG32 error messages come up since I did.
    Good luck!

I experienced this when I installed a new Sound Blaster Live! card. Every time I restarted windows I would get the failed MSGSRV32 error and would not continue to load. I found a workaround by rebooting into Safe Mode and disabling the sound card. Then I downloaded the latest drivers from Creative Labs. Once everything was installed things seemed to work fine. Good Luck!

Go Back to forum