• Register
  • Help

Topic: one more important question about GigaPulse

Share/Bookmark

one more important question about GigaPulse

I may be a bit slow.
    But even after reading (several times) many threads AND Tascam brochure, I just can\'t figure it out :
    Is GS 3\'s built-in Gigapulse a reverb that anyone can use to enhance his/her existing libraries, (like the current NFX reverb), or is it something that one will be able to use ONLY with new libraries, which will ship with these impulses embedded into them ?
    That makes quite a BIG difference in the usefullness of this new fx !
    I thank in advance anyone who can give me a clear and definitive answer to this simple question !

Re: one more important question about GigaPulse

Fait une recherche sur GigaPulse
    il y a pas mal de topics qui traitent sur le sujet [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

In the top-level product, GS3 Orchestra, you will be free to use GigaPulse on anything.

Originally posted by Bruce A. Richardson:
    In the top-level product, GS3 Orchestra, you will be free to use GigaPulse on anything.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks a lot Bruce,
    for your reply, but I\'d like a small extra :
    when you say \"free to use GP on anything\", do you mean that any gig will be processed in real time (like with another vst reverb for instance), or will I have to edit the gig, make a \"wet\" version of it, which I\'ll have to store on my hd in addition to the \"dry\" version ?
    That\'s what I was unable to understand from what I read ! (sorry again, I\'m really probably a little dull)

I don\'t quite understand either. Is the GigaPulse Pro included in Gigastudio Orchestra the same as GigaPulse VST?

In other words, can GigaPulse Pro operate as a general VST plug-in?

Heath

Originally posted by Not Dudley Simpson:
    I don\'t quite understand either. Is the GigaPulse Pro included in Gigastudio Orchestra the same as GigaPulse VST?

Heath
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">----------------
    Thak you Heath for complementing my question, and maybe put it into clearer words.
    And I\'m glad to see that i\'m not the only one to get confused with this GigaPulse feature after all....
    Well, let\'s hope that \"the ones who know\" will soon share their knowledge with us !

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Not Dudley Simpson:

Heath
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">No. GigaPulse VST is a separate product. GigaPulse Pro is a realtime, surround, kernel-level technology. The VST version is stereo, user-mode programming which will operate with typical VST latencies.

I\'m sure Jeff can cover the marketing side far better than I.

You won\'t have to save \"wet\" and \"dry\" versions of GIG files...you can choose to use GigaPulse on them, or not. Nothing is affected on the sample level.

Thanks Bruce,
    that\'s really good news !
    I was truly afraid that this \"rendering\" thing was a necessary step to \"wet\" the sounds (what I read on this topic either was a bit confusing, or my mind is too small for this kind of hi-level technology).
    In fact, it seems that GP will be just a very enhanced NFX reverb.
    If so, that makes one good reason to upgrade when time comes.

Cheers Bruce.

Heath

GigaPulse Pro, which comes with GS3 Orchestra, shows up as an NFX plug-in. So you can just insert it on your own libraries and save that as a performance.

Go Back to forum