• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Love Letter

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy The Love Letter

Yah, I know. I'm late for Valentine's Day. Again... sorry.. but I hope this makes up for it.

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/musi...e%20Letter.mp3

(for 2 pianos and strings)
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: The Love Letter

Mitch. This has a nice sound to it. I like your theme but I must admit that it sounds just a little reminiscent of several themes I have heard before. Not that it's a bad thing because it means that you are writing what you hear, which is the way it should be done. A very pleasant listen. Thanks, Jay.

It is dulcet enough for the title, but is a bit too tame for my taste; for Valentine’s Day I would have like a bit more passion in the piece.
    //
    // Ars longa, vita brevis
    // http://edosbear.blogspot.com/
    //

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sharpe View Post
    It is dulcet enough for the title, but is a bit too tame for my taste; for Valentine’s Day I would have like a bit more passion in the piece.
    Come on Ed, not all of us are the Red Hot Lovers we used to be... ;-)
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

It's very lovely, Mitch - Gently, quietly rendered as is appropriate for the music. I expected something wistful - big clue was the unhappy smiley in your subject line. Certainly good to hear some music from you - it's been too long.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    It's very lovely, Mitch - Gently, quietly rendered as is appropriate for the music. I expected something wistful - big clue was the unhappy smiley in your subject line. Certainly good to hear some music from you - it's been too long.

Randy
    Thanks Randy. Have been busy writing but just not satisfied enough to post yet (until I came up with this one). I finally broke down and started taking private composition lessons from one of the local professors at St. Olaf College. I hope it's paying off in both the sound and appearance of my work. But then, there isn't a whole lot of wiggle room for sound using Finale but I do the best I can with it. Garritan CPO really helps. Actually, the unhappy face was only because I was late getting out by Valentine's day...

Thanks again!!!

Mitch

I liked this even though it wasn't exactly teddy& chocolates. It felt more like an old a close friendship.

I think you could have been a little more adventuress but it was a pleasant listen.

Phil

Go Back to forum