• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ashley's Spirit

Ashley's Spirit

I recently began collaborating with a gentleman from Pennsylvania on his third CD. He is a brilliant pianist and composer. My small part was just to add a few instruments, in this case GPO flute, oboe, french horn, and Gofriller Cello. He had a Grammy nominated musician do all his mastering. Hope you enjoy it.

Serenity Musician (Gary A.)

HP Pavilion Elite, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 12 gig ram, 1 terabyte hd., E-MU 0404, Korg K61, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer

Re: Ashley's Spirit

I like your comp on this Gary. It might be my imagination but the instruments that you added seem dryer than the piano. They sound to me like they could use a little more space. They are nicely understated so as not to take away from the piano. I enjoyed your work on this. Thanks for posting. Jay

That's a very lovely piece of New Age, Gary, and your contributions are beautifully supportive and restrained. I have to assume the pianist and his engineer are happy with the way this mix has been done, complete with the floating outer space reverb on the piano. It's all very effective. What a fun gig for you!

Lovely, dreamy music. Very relaxing and yet pleasant to listen to. Well done!

Go Back to forum