• Help

Topic: Dividing forum: Virtual Instruments - Sample Libraries

Share/Bookmark

Dividing forum: Virtual Instruments - Sample Libraries

Hi,

I think it is time to divide this forum into:

1) Sample Libraries

2) Virtual Instruments

Because of the many visitors and topics - post are quickly geeting drowned on page 2, 3 etc.

I think it is fair that those developers that stays with sample libraries have their own forum.
    It will be easier for users too to find what they are looking for.

If this doesn\'t happen I could imagine that another place would put up a forum dedicated to sample libraries.

regards

Re: Dividing forum: Virtual Instruments - Sample Libraries

Very good idea Thomas, what do you think guys ?

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

GREAT IDEA!

And while you\'re at it, PLEASE make a User Demo section!

Theoretically I like the idea, but sometimes I feel its a real chore bouncing in and out of this or that forum just to catch up on the latest development and am not sure I\'d want to add more to the list. Everybody seems to see this as the central place to be. A demo forum for developers and users would be good though.

well, as long as most virtual instruments are \"wrapped\" sample libraries, i don\'t know if it\'s a good idea. As JonP said, to have only a main forum is great to keep the pace with the development, even though you have to check the first 3 pages due to the speed with which the threads go down

Bad idea. Samples are samples regardless of what program you use to play them back with. Drawing a major distinction between Giga samples and VSTi samples seems trivial and counterproductive to the general discussions that go on in here.

Not to mention there\'s too many forums as it is. People are just gonna post in whatever group gets the most traffic anyway, so there\'s not much point in splitting them up to an even higher degree.
    -Hudson

Don´t agree - as was mentioned - Smples are samples - no matter what sof you use to play them -also \"virtual instrumnts\" could be convertet for Kontakt,Halion....

I\'d rather have everything in one place, too.

I\'d still like to see a separate Theory\\composition forum, though.

It is simply, a very bad idea, if current topics take 3 pages, then users will get used to checking out 3 pages, people normally resist to change you know, and it is more likely they would check out 3 pages of topics, than 2 different forums..., trust me, in the end, only one forum would prevail with people talking about both vstis and sample libraries in that forum... Scarbee, would you like to talk about ewqlso here... but having to go to another forum to talk about vsl? does it seem practical to you?

Go Back to forum